• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faster CPU with LPDDR3 or Slower CPU with LPDDR4X?

New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compromise question. I need a laptop while we move as my desktop rig won't travel well. Two otherwise-identical Win10 machines I'm looking at are available with EITHER:

10th-Gen i7-10710U (6 cores, 12MB cache, 4.7GHz max clock), 16GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 and Intel UHD graphics

OR

10th-Gen i7-1065G7 (4 cores, 8MB cache, 3.9 GHz max clock), 16GB of 3733MHz LPDDR4X, and Intel Iris graphics.

I've read that LR and PS like CPU speed, cache and cores (to a point) more than memory speed. Will the faster CPU with 2 more cores and a 50%-larger cache, but slower, lower-bandwidth LPDDR3 be better or worse for PS, LR and occasional Premier edits/renders than the faster, higher-bandwidth LPDDR4X on a slower processor with fewer cores, a smaller cache and Iris graphics? 

Many thanks for your insight. One of those combinations will jump out at some of you as a no-brainer. Any other obvious factors I'm overlooking? SSD in each case, of course. Both CPUs are 12W TDP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Memory speed is relatively unimportant to LR performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines