Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Ability To Switch Between JPG and RAW files in Same Folder

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I wish there would be an option where I can switch between working with JPG or RAW files when I have both RAW and JPG file types (for each shot) in one folder. This is my request. It would be a huge time saver and cut down on having many folders in LRC.

Allow me to elaborate. I shoot RAW+JPG images. Let's say I took only one shot (one picture) of a car. My camera creates two files of my one shot, one RAW file, and one JPG file.

Upon import, Lightroom Classic (LRC) puts both files into one folder and only displays the RAW file to work with. When I cull I can view the one shot as one RAW file. If I need to delete it, I delete the one (RAW) image displayed and both RAW and JPG files are gone. This is a great and simple process saving me time in not hunting down the JPG to delete also.

Currently, I must create two folders after import into LRC. One of RAW files and one of JPG files so I may work with the JPGs. If I delete a JPG I must open the RAW folder, find the RAW file for the same shot, and delete it too. 

I've tried the, "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos" option. I found it to be messier than my current process of separate folders.

I hope you consider my request.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature requests are done on https://feedback.photoshop.com . This folder is just for other users to help each other, so I suggest you put your request at the feedback forum where Adobe actually looks for requests and bug reports. That said, there are some other workflows I could suggest here. One is to just import into the same folder and then run the auto-stack feature from the Photo menu->Stacking->Auto stack by capture time. Set the time difference to 0 and this will automatically stack your raws and jpegs and you can then choose to work on the jpegs or the raws by simply making what you want the top of the stack. Of course also without autostacking you can simply use filters on your folder to just show the jpegs or just show the raws as an alterrnative. No need to make separate folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Until Adobe consider your suggestion, try and adapt a work-around:

Example- With the raws & JPGs in the same folder- Color label them different (raw = red, JPG = Green). Then you can easily 'filter' the filmstrip in the Develop module to show only raws, or only JPGs. And you could also use Flags & Star rating to add to the Filter.

ScreenShot252.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines