• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request - Better processing of Fujifilm RAW files

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is one feature request that I would like to make for Lightroom, it is better processing for Fujifilm RAW files. I find the handling of Fujifilm .raf files to be less than stellar. I have switched to Capture One since the beginning of the year. I can't deal with the strange "wormy" artifacts in Lightroom processed files. I love Lightroom Classic and would switch back in a heartbeat if I could get better results with my Fujifilm RAW files. 

I have attached two shots of the same image processed through Lightroom and Capture One. On the Lightroom processed version you can see the "wormy" artifacts in the beige shipping container and the wall in the foreground. The Capture One file is much cleaner.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a Fujifilm user, however this issue has been raised regularly for many years maybe close to 10 years. So it begs the question, what’s up?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Exactly! I saw a response about three years ago saying that because camera manufacturers “recipes” for RAW are proprietary, they would have to reverse engineer the format. Also that Capture One has some sort of deal with Fujifilm. I guess Fujifilm users aren’t a high priority to Adobe. It’s a pity because, as I said, I would love to return to Lightroom. Guess I’ll dig into Capture One deeper instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines