• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Presets for copy/paste/sync settings

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature Request for Lightroom - 'Sync Settings Presets' - so that we can save custom preset combinations of settings to sync instead of just 'select all' and 'select none'.Especially useful when you want to paste certain combinations of settings. For example, paste all settings except for brush, gradient, radial, upright transformations and crop adjustments etc.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
65 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if Adobe created Preset options for Copy and Paste/Sync settings in Lightroom Classic? Like a 'sync setting presets' kinda thing…i.e. more options than just “check all” and “check none”. I probably have about 5 or 6 different options from my workflow that I would love to create!

Click, unclick, click, unclick, click, unclick is getting a bit annoying. User defined custom presets for specific and particular combinations of Copy settings would be most helpful.

User can specify exactly which options they wish to include in their copy presets.

e.g. sync with crop, sync without crop, sync with Transform, sync without transform, sync with crop and lens corrections, sync with local adjustments/brush, sync without local adjustments/brush, or sync with dehaze and texture and clarity, sync with lens profile corrections…etc. etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FEATURE REQUEST

It would be great to have preset options for copy and paste/Sync settings in LR Classic? Like a 'sync setting presets' kinda thing…i.e. more options than just “check all” and “check none”. I probably have about 5 or 6 different options from my workflow that I would love to create!

Click unclick click unclick click unclick... is becoming a bit tiring and boring. The option to create our own presets would make the world of difference.

i.e. The user can specify exactly which Devlop options they wish to include in their user presets. e.g. sync/copy with crop,sync/copy without crop,sync/copy with Transform,sync/copy without transform, sync/copy with crop and lens corrections, sync/copy with local adjustments/brush, sync without local adjustments/brush, or sync with dehaze and texture and clarity, sync with lens profile corrections…etc. etc.  

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 22.55.24.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-15 at 22.55.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user support forum. To provide feedback and suggestions about what you desire from Adobe, you should go to this URL and comment after selecting the appropriate product line:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/categories/products/5f5f2090785c1f1e6cc40864

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the 2nd time I'm posting this, for some reason my first post got removed....

FEATURE REQUEST

It would be great to have preset options for copy and paste/Sync settings in LR Classic? Like a 'sync setting presets' kinda thing…i.e. more options than just “check all” and “check none”. I probably have about 5 or 6 different options from my workflow that I would love to create!

Click unclick click unclick click unclick... is becoming a bit tiring and boring. The option to create our own presets would make the world of difference.

i.e. The user can specify exactly which Devlop options they wish to include in their user presets. e.g. sync/copy with crop,sync/copy without crop,sync/copy with Transform,sync/copy without transform, sync/copy with crop and lens corrections, sync/copy with local adjustments/brush, sync without local adjustments/brush, or sync with dehaze and texture and clarity, sync with lens profile corrections…etc. etc.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post was not removed. It was merged into the authoritative thread - as this one will be. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did search but couldn't find anything related so perhaps my search wasn't broad enough. Glad to see I'm not the only now wanting this feature!

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michael_schnitzenbaumer

I've been wanting this for years, hopefully it happens! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out my new Copy Settings plugin, which provides replacements for the Copy / Sychronize Settings commands and lets you define presets for groups of settings. Its primary purpose is to fix all the bugs with copying local adjustments, spots, and crops, but it was easy to add presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm forever clicking and unclicking options on sync settings across images. 

Would be fantastic to have pre-saved user settings that I can click everytime I just want a few of the available options.

So a few quick buttons next to Check non / Cancel which automatically select what I want. 

Excuse the terrible photoshopping...

Thanks,

Richard

---------------------------------------------------

Post merged by Forum Modertaor

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have requested this feature. While waiting for Adobe to implement it (if ever), consider the Copy Settings plugin.

[Update: Corrected the URL.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, im a professional photographer, family, portrait, weddings, sports, events, product, even food. my workflow its about 20.000 photos a month! even if a cull in photomatix before i go to lightroom, and, trust me! what this post is asking its the only i need from lightroom to be really fast!
yes! sometimes between a huge batch o pictures, you can see a regular consinstency of color, so you don need to sync color an temperature, but light, sometimes you need to sync light but no color, or sharpness, or even, local adjustments.
its really annoing to check and uncheck boxes from the sync settings, and take a small amount of mental efford to really think wich its the new sync you need, but, a small efort every 30 seconds became a huge effort.

if i could talk about my presets before i can do it, it will be something like:

full sync: color, lights, sharpnes, crop

color: temperature, color, color grading.
perspective: transform and crop
iso: noise reection/sharpness
b/w: profile and b/w mix

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Observation: Most of my photographic jobs need 2:3 (original) ratio. Some portrait jobs need 1:1, some landscapes need 16:9 all the way through the set. The camera fixes everything in 2:3 (RAW) only. The crop tool has the option to select a different ratio and even allows to fix a „preset“ of individual ratio, indeed. But the only way to copy/paste a specially selected ratio to ALL (selected) images in folder, except "original ratio", is to use the „synchronize" button. This dialogue window features 39 single options, actually, to copy/paste whatever you select. One of these is the crop option.

BUT the synchronize dialogue window is the only one left (featured in LR since 16 years of its existence!) that does not offer any different user sets, though f.i. brush correction tool allows several individual sets for partial exposure, contrast or colour correction, etc.! Just "synchronize" has the one and only standard set, plus "de-/select all options". Nothing else to offer. That is a bit disappointing, isn’t it?

To synchronize the ratio, I have to deselect all my 29 standard options preset, first (which is my preset for imports, too!!!),  just to select the crop in this one case, only. After synchronizing the crop, all other 29 options have to get re-selected again. If you previously forgot to do a screenshot of original preset for help, you get lost in this case and that smells a bit like former user interfaces in times of digital stoneage! ;o)

Why not integrate individual user presets to synchronize dialogue, finally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a much better way to do this. Select all photos, go to the develop module and toggle the small switch of the 'Synchronize' button. The button will change to 'Auto Sync' and become highlighted as a warning. Now all you do will automatically sync, so change that crop (you can use the presets) and then toggle the switch again so anything you do after you cropped will not sync anymore.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Why not integrate individual user presets to synchronize dialogue"

The Copy Settings plugin offers presets for Copy and Synchronize Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000 thanx to John and Rikk for linking to this great tool, which I was awaiting for about 15 years and which Adobe still refuses to add to LR Classic! For what reason ever. Now my workflow is perfect, it works simple, offers a lot of different presets and also works with my MONOGRAM CREATOR set, after defining a key shortcut! The few bucks to buy is worth every penny!!! :o))

Cheers,

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I use lightroom every day and I wonder how great it would be if there was an option to make simple presets in the synchronization dialog box. For example, preset 1 is all basic settings selected except exposure and WB. After using this software for a long time I see that I often use the same 1-3 types of synchronization. It would be great to make your own presets 1-5 or more on the load preset button. I know it would save me a lot of time. What do you think? Is there a plugin like this? Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Down at the bottom, Save Preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This screenshot is my visualization. This button doesn't exist in software 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many have requested this over many years. While waiting for Adobe to implement it, you might consider the Copy Settings plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate