• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File could not be found

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked and samed the photos on my hard drive.   I was told to remove the photos from the hard drive because it make my computer slow.  I move all my photos to an external hard drive and when I try to open them on lightroom it gives me a message "file could not be 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elsa,

Well, it makes you feel any better, hundreds if not thousands have had this problem, so you have good company

Here are two different websites that provide instructions on how to relocate your images. It's pretty much the same process just different story tellers.

Good luck

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The process you need to follow, as explained in the two links from Gary, is to tell Lightroom Classic the new location of the photos.

"I was told to remove the photos from the hard drive because it make my computer slow."

Well, the only situation where this is true is if there is very little free unused space on the hard drive. Otherwise, there's no problem leaving photos on a given drive. So in general (with one exception), I would say photos on the internal hard drive DO NOT make your computer slow.

As far as where you put the photos, if you don't want them on the internal hard drive, don't put them there in the first place. When you come home with new photos in your camera, have Lightroom Classic import them and place them directly on an external hard drive, they never have to be placed on the internal hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines