• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File edited in PS put into new folder in LR when imported back

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to reinstall my OS, I reinstalled LR & PS.

Now when I export to PS to edit & then save, a new folder is created in LR when the image comes back in, it does not go into the orignal folder. This appears only in LR as when I look in finder the file is in the original folder.

1. original folder, 2. New fodler created.

Help!

I have attached a screenshot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with every round-trip to Photoshop?

Have you made any changes in the External Editing tab of Lightroom Preferences?

Sometimes it been reported here that organsing your Folder structure at an OS level before re-installing has been useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right click on the offending folder, March, and select Shiw Parent Folder, what shows up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, make sure you have a backup of your catalog.

If you right click on that offending March folder and select Sync, what happens?

Might be asked to merge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For sure- Known as the "Capitalization Problem"

See a correct answer at-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/catalog-same-photos-same-location-but-shown-twice/m...

(Note: You must carry out the suggested fix procedure in full to correct the problem.  Simply trying to move photos or folders in the Lr Folder panel does NOT work. It might appear fixed but will return.)

And here the same answer from Jim Wilde-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-import-add-folder-structure-issue/m-p/943...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines