• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File issues on LrC

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, was wondering if anyone could help me. I just got LrC for my new PC, however after editing the photos I found I couldn't export or re edit them as it says "This file could not be found" across the top of the photo. How do I fix this problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Is the photo on an external hard drive? If so, is that hard drive connected? On?

1b. If Windows, does that external hard drive have a drive letter assigned permanently?

1c. If Windows, does that hard drive or USB port go into power saving?

2. Did you, outside of Lightroom Classic, move the photo? Rename the photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, photo is on computer, taken straight from SD card. No renaming done at all. I do not have a hard drive set up at the moment either. I have moved the photo from the SD card from the SD card into lightroom thats it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photo is not stored IN Lightroom Classic. It remains on whatever disk you put it on, or whatever disk you told Lightroom Classic to put it on. It sounds like you have somehow left the photo on the SD card, and so when the SD card is not attached, Lightroom Classic cannot find the photo and so Lightroom Classic cannot use the photo.

Leaving photos on an SD card is very poor practice (in fact, its also a bug that allows this to happen, if Adobe fixes the bug you won't be able to leave photos on an SD card when you import into Lightroom Classic), and photos should be on an internal, external or network drive, and then you won't have these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Stated in another reply. No actual image files are IN the LrC catalog file.

Please take some time and go through the tutorials on the Adobe website to learn what LrC is, How LrC works, and how to properly work with LrC.

How to create and manage folders in Photoshop Lightroom Classic

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/catalog-faq-lightroom.html

Lightroom Classic tutorials | Learn how to use Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines