File name text color

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I’m using Lightroom classic. In the library module while in grid view, my file names are visible in a slightly darker grey than the grey of the thumbnail background. I find that I have to strain my eyes to read the file names.  It there a way to change the filename text to white? Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree the different Grays in the LrC interface cause visability issues in MANY areas.  A workaround for your issue is to hover over the Thumbnail in Grid and a popup will show with photo info.  I realize it is not a solution.

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 11.41.12 AM.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the quick response Bob

I have tried the hovering method but I find it slows down my work flow.  Thanks for the suggestion though, it's always good to know about the work arounds.  

Cheers

Heléna

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can't. But as you can see from Bob's screenshot, you can change the file name to black if you place the file name at the top.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Johan

Black would definitely be better than grey. I'm not sure how to do that though. This is how mine appears.  Thanks 

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 2.43.52 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-Click a thumbnail and choose "View Options".   In the following dialog place the Filename in the TOP label for Compact or Expanded Cells.  The Top label is black and the Bottom label is the light gray as you show.

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 4.19.18 PM.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That helps.  Thank you for walk through on that.  

Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohanElzenga 

It works good in Expanded Cells but if you are viewing an open stack in Compact Cells it is absolutely terrible for all the text.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 12.26.17 PM.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calibrating your display can sometimes improve the text contrast in LR's low-contrast UI design.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines