Highlighted

File names when shooting tethered with Fujifilm Tether Plugin

When I shoot tethered with my Fujifilm X-T2 using the Fujifilm Tether Plugin for Lightroom (standard version), the filenames are changed although I told lightroom in the session dialogue box to use original filenames. On the SD card in the camera the files are named correctly like they are usually named by the camera.

E.g. on the SD card the picture has the filename DSCF6887.RAF and in the Lightroom catalogue the same picture that came in via tethering has the filename 329-00050197.RAF

Has anyone experienced the same beaviour? I already tried to reinstall lightroom and the plugin but that changed nothing. Any help how to change this behaviour is highly appreciated.

Yvonne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

File names when shooting tethered with Fujifilm Tether Plugin

When I shoot tethered with my Fujifilm X-T2 using the Fujifilm Tether Plugin for Lightroom (standard version), the filenames are changed although I told lightroom in the session dialogue box to use original filenames. On the SD card in the camera the files are named correctly like they are usually named by the camera.

E.g. on the SD card the picture has the filename DSCF6887.RAF and in the Lightroom catalogue the same picture that came in via tethering has the filename 329-00050197.RAF

Has anyone experienced the same beaviour? I already tried to reinstall lightroom and the plugin but that changed nothing. Any help how to change this behaviour is highly appreciated.

Yvonne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: File names when shooting tethered with Fujifilm Tether Plugin

Hi Yvonne,

That does not sound right, as the name of the file appears different in Lightroom when you're tethering, could you please let us know the version of Lightroom you're working on?

Also, what operating system are you using?

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps mentioned here and let us know if it helps?

Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Re: File names when shooting tethered with Fujifilm Tether Plugin

Hi Sahil,

the Lightroom version is the latest one: 8.3.1

Just upgraded from the previous version but nothing changed. Still the same behaviour with the filenames. I also followed the instructions on the page you linked in your answer. Unfortunately this changed nothing.

If I use Fujfilm X Acquire Software for Tethering from the camera and then use the Auto-Import / Watch Folder function in Lightroom the filenames are the same like on the camera. Only if I use the Tethering function within Lightroom with the Fujifilm Tether Standard Plugin for Lightroom, the filenames are changed.

Regards

Yvonne

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines