• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Storage Issue

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is similar to what I've read others having. I have mobile files that are consuming over 100 gigs of space on my MAC book which is now causing my LR to no longer sync, I can't upload images any longer etc. etc.

I've read the feedback from many and if I'm being frank ... I just don't know that I have the technical know how to do this properly. So I want to ask some "dumb" questions just so I don't screw anything up.

I have looked at my folders in LRC and there are two kind of "major" issues. One is mobile downloads in the Jack's iMac Imported Photos and one is mobile downloads in Jack's Macbook pro Imported Photos. In looking at my storage issue on this MAC book it is clear that Mobiledownloads.LRdata is gobbling up all my storage so I'm assuming this is all linked. 

So if my assumptions above are correct then I just don't know how to fix it. Don't show any other folders to move these to (like a C: or P: folder I've seen referenced). I created a new folder but 1) I can't seem to move photos into it and 2) wouldn't this just move the storage from the current folder to the new folder? 

I guess I just don't know how or where to move these files. My LR storage says I have used 100 Gig's of my many times that availability so to me that says these files are backed up in the cloud. But I don't know it. 

So I guess what I'm asking for is a very dumbed down "how do I do this" response. My apologies for not being technically savy on this, but this issue is so frustrating to me and I feel like the solve is so close but I just don't know how to do it. 

My gratitude in advance for a response. 

Thanks

Jack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of those folders are Gobbling up your storage space.

It is YOU that is doing that.

Nothing gets uploaded to the Adobe Cloud system unless YOU do that.

It is you either importing many many images on your phone to the Lr Mobile app.

Or placing all your images in one or multiple collections in LrC on the One computer that is Syncing to the Lr Web and Mobile system.

Or you have Lr Desktop (the Real Computer version of Lr) installed on one of your Mac computers and then importing all your images into that program. That will send All of them to the Web/Mobile system and fill up your Cloud Storage. 

Doing either the second or third thing will also download all those images to the install of LrC that you have synced to the Cloud system.

All of it is caused by YOU not knowing how each program functions. What is uploaded to the cloud system and why and what is then downloaded back to your computer.

Sorry to say but It is not the programs fault or Adobe's fault this has happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To fix your problem YOU have to deside which images you want to be included, Uploaded, in the Cloud system and shared across your installs of Lr/LrC/LrM and downloaded to LrC.

That does not mean you have to Throw away the other images. You just can't include them in either Lr Mobile or Lr Desktop (if you have Lr Desktop installed on one of your Mac computers).

It is definitely either or both Lr Mobile and Lr Desktop that is making this happen. Syncing collections of images from LrC only uploads Smart Previews to the cloud system and as far as I know those smart previews are not counted against your allotted storage space.

It is the images inported into either ot both LrM and LrD that is filling up that space.

Going to need to see screen shots from your 2 Mac computers and to know exactly what versions of Lr are installed on each Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. If I insinuated that I thought the programs were doing something wrong then I apologize. I'm fully aware that I've set something up incorrectly but I do not have the knowledge to know how to fix it. It is evident that you do. 

I'm on holiday out of country so I don't have access to my desktop MAC but as soon as I get back I'll screen shot it and my macbook to help trouble shoot where I've gone wrong. I appreciate the help.

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines