• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files and folders not visible

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just subscribed to Classice because I have been using Lightroom 5 and having problems with folders not being visible in the left hand side -Navigator.  I assumed that spending money would solve the problem.  No such luck - now even fewer folders are visible.  But they are all there and haven't been moved or deleted - see the screenshot from Windows shown below.  It's just that you can't see them in Navigator and therefore can't go to them in Library and therefore can't work on them.  Advice please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the Folders missing in the "Classic Navigator.jpg" screen shot may be made visible by performing a context-Click on the folder entry and selecting "Show Parent" from the menu.

Folder reveal.png

Does this help somewhat?

Its difficult to see inside someones OS file system and make quick sense of it sometimes . . .

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to those who have replied. I cannot click on the folder entry because it is not visible - that's the problem!! There's been another reply which isn't showing here for some reason which has been helpful and I have tried what it suggested. I have then gone into the catalogue - still the same catalogue that wasn't showing all the folders a couple of hours ago - and now they all appear to be there. There are a few sub- folders which it says it can't find but I can easily sort that. So it all appears to be working now - I am relieved but a bit puzzled! Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are, I hope, aware that the Folders panel does not tell you what folders are present on disk.

It reports, for the images that are imported (and only for those), what folders those have been recorded as living in.

So, your first step is to verify that the photos living in these folders have been imported to your current Catalog, and not since removed. This can be done using All Photographs view, in the Catalog panel. That shows a total number (and displays thumbnails) regardless of what folder and drive volume each image's source file is recorded as being stored in. If photos show up in the All Photographs view you can right click and choose "Go to Folder in Library". Perhaps the location they are shown in, within the Folders panel, is different than what you expected to see.

Or if they do not show up in All Photographs, this particular Catalog does not have those photos imported.

That alone would be sufficient to explain why these folders are not showing up. Perhaps, for example, you need to open a different Catalog. Perhaps Lr Classic didn't start out by up-converting your Lightroom 5 Catalog, but rather began with a fresh Catalog; or perhaps, an earlier Catalog was up-converted but this was not the right one that had all these photos imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These screenshots say very little. Do these 'missing' folders contain images that you have imported into the Lightroom catalog? Lightroom is not a browser. It only shows those folders that contain images that you have imported.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines