• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files automatically renamed after catalog upgrade

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR classic version 10. I recently tried to open a catalog and was prompted to upgrade it, so I did. Now LR is saying a ton of files in that catalog cannot be found and the images are grayed out. They're all just solid gray squares. When I select one of those images, the filename displays as what the camera originally named those files - not what I changed them to inside LR long ago.

When I look at the filenames on my local harddrive (where LR is supposed to be reading those images from), they're correct - as in, they're what I changed those filenames to.

Further, several of my collections inside this catalog have vanished.

Everything was working beautifully until this catalog upgrade. Since the last time I successfully used this particular catalog, I upgraded my OS to Big Sur, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Thank you for whatever help you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Here what I suggest you do.

Find the original catalog from version 9.x that your new catalog was upgrade from. Double Click on that catalog file ( I also suggest you Copy that older catalog to a New Folder that you create and double click on that copy).

Allow the upgrade to happen again and see if that corrects the problms you are now having.

There is NO feature or option to Rename Image Files or move them anywhere when doing a Catalog Upgrade. So the only thing that may have happened is LrC V

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possable that during the upgrade, LrC upgraded the wrong catalog, perhaps an older one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.
2020-11-19 10_13_55-Pasting images into posts - Adobe Support Community - 11608749.png

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I saw the upload box and figured that was the way to do it. Thanks for the tip.

05AE59A6-2923-4F35-9FD2-1971609D68AC.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off you are showing the Collections section in the Develop module.Go to the Library Module and expand the "Folders" section. Look for Question Marks on your folders. Post a scree shot of that.

All the images in the Filmstrip of the screen shot you posted have Exclamation mark on them. That mean they are Missing, Not in the folders or drive they were in when you imported them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean literal question marks, there are none of those. But what I'm seeing in the folders section while in the library module lines up with what I was seeing in the collecitons module. Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 9.15.37 AM.png

Everything I said in my initial post remains the case today.

This just doesn't make any sense. The catalog was fine before. Then immediately after the upgrade, it's fouled up. If files are missing, relocated or renamed, it's not because of anything I actively did. Maybe I should just rollback my catalog as well as go back to the previous version of LRC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here what I suggest you do.

Find the original catalog from version 9.x that your new catalog was upgrade from. Double Click on that catalog file ( I also suggest you Copy that older catalog to a New Folder that you create and double click on that copy).

Allow the upgrade to happen again and see if that corrects the problms you are now having.

There is NO feature or option to Rename Image Files or move them anywhere when doing a Catalog Upgrade. So the only thing that may have happened is LrC V10 Upgrade the wrong catalog or somehow it got corrupted in the upgrade process.

If it all works out for you I then suggest you Segregate your LrC Catalog versions into Separate Folder giving both the Folder and the catalog files proper names so you can tell them apart.

2020-11-23 11_06_42-D__.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like that worked! Must've gotten corrupted the first time. I re-upgraded from the previous catalog liked you suggested and it appears that everything is there, where they should be and named correctly. Thank you so very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're Welcome. Glad it got sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines