• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files deleted from disk not in recycle bin

Participant ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using BigSur 11.2.3 on a 2019 Macbook Pro &  LR cc ver. 10.1.1.

When I delete a photo from the disk in LR, it does not go into the recycle bin.  If I close LR, reboot my computer it shows up in the trash.  If I delete a file or photo from a library on the Mac, it works as it should.  I can delete a file from my computer, go to the recycle bin, empty it, shut down the computer, reboot and whatever I deleted from LR then shows up.

If I accidently delete a file and want it back I won't be able to find it without going through the rebooting process which is a pain.  

I couldn't find anyone else having the problem but would love to see a solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

This happens to me once in awhile on the Mac too but not just in LrC.  Just Option-RightClick the Finder icon and chose Relaunch.  It will refresh the Trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Hi, Susan.

I run into this problem sometimes too; it seems more likely to occur when I import photos, mark some as rejected, then use "Delete rejected photos" from Lightroom's Photo menu to delete them.

To get them to show up in the trash, I create an empty folder on the drive where the photos are stored, then delete that empty folder. The empty folder goes to the trash and the photos I deleted from Lightroom show up there too.

Not sure why "Relaunch Finder" is no longer appearing, but you might

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Lightroom have Full Disk Access? Check this in your System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Full Disk Access. If it isn't in the list, tap the lock>add computer password>Add Lightroom to the list in the right column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not have full disk access so I added it to the list.  It has been working fine for the last couple of days though so maybe it healed itself.

Appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full disk access didn't work but relaunching via finder did help as I didn't have to reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me once in awhile on the Mac too but not just in LrC.  Just Option-RightClick the Finder icon and chose Relaunch.  It will refresh the Trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love knowing that option.  Nice to know.  I will give it a try the next time the problem occurs.

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked a treat.  Thanks for helping to prevent the reboot process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem has popped up again and I am having to reboot.  For some reason, option + right click on finder no longer brings up the relaunch option.  Any other solutions other than rebooting?

Thanks, Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Susan.

I run into this problem sometimes too; it seems more likely to occur when I import photos, mark some as rejected, then use "Delete rejected photos" from Lightroom's Photo menu to delete them.

To get them to show up in the trash, I create an empty folder on the drive where the photos are stored, then delete that empty folder. The empty folder goes to the trash and the photos I deleted from Lightroom show up there too.

Not sure why "Relaunch Finder" is no longer appearing, but you might try clicking the Apple logo on the menu bar, selecting "Force Quit" and choosing "Finder". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help daleducatte.  I will try your suggestions the next time the problems occurs.  I just rebooted so it will be a while before it will happen again.  

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcomed! Good luck!

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines