• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files missing from hard drive but not from lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to explain to this so it makes sense, but I had something very weird happen with a folder in Lightoom.  I keep my photos on an external drive.  My catalog recently upgraded and after that happened my whole catalog disapeared.  I keep backups, so I was able to restore it, but after restoring my catalog, I noticed I have one folder on my hard drive where all the photos have disappered.  But lightroom seems to be able to see them and I don't mean the previews.

In libary mode I can open that folder, click on a thumbnail and click Show in Explorer and it will take me to the path where that file should be on the hard drive.  So they must exist or Lightroom wouldn't be able to see or export them, right?  But when I go into the hard drive outside of lighroom I can't see them.  I open the folder and it says Folder Empty.

I attached two screenshots to show what I'm seeing.  The first is if I go into file explorer from lightroom.  The second is the same path outside of lightroom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include your screen shots in your message by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon. Many people will not download attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry didn't see that option before.  Here they are

ss1.jpgss2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are not the same folders. One has "Wk5" in the folder name and the other says "Week 5" in the folder name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG!  Do I feel dumb.  I found them.  I've been looking for those files since Tue. and wondering why it was just that one folder.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines