• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

files not recognized by raw format support in Lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lighroom 4 and just reinstalled after a hard drive issues. I tried to import photos ( CR2 files) from my Canon EOS 70D camera and when trying to import got the message

The files are not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom.

My lightroom says it has all of the updates, but do i need to purchase the update from the adobe website?

Please help.

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Hi katiev,

Lightroom 4 version is not compatible with the Canon EOS 70D, you can try few things to get going.

1. You can upgrade your Lightroom 4 to Lightroom 6/2015 version and it will support the raw format for Canon EOS 70D.

Else,

2. You can download the free DNG converter 9.10 and you can convert the Canon raw images to DNG format and use it with Lightroom 4.

Check the download links

Window: Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10

Mac: Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your version is old enough that it may not work with the RAW update for those files

Buy Lightroom 6 https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-single-app-Lightroom-6.html

-Lightroom serial number will work on both Windows and Mac versions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2179765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the free Adobe DNG converter, convert to DNG.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi katiev,

Lightroom 4 version is not compatible with the Canon EOS 70D, you can try few things to get going.

1. You can upgrade your Lightroom 4 to Lightroom 6/2015 version and it will support the raw format for Canon EOS 70D.

Else,

2. You can download the free DNG converter 9.10 and you can convert the Canon raw images to DNG format and use it with Lightroom 4.

Check the download links

Window: Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10

Mac: Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have Lightroom 5.7.1. When I tried to import .ARW files from my Sony A7RII, Lightroom first indicates that "Preview unavailable for this file". Then after I checked those files and imported them, I got a message "The files are not recognized the the raw format support in Lightroom".

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same answer.

Your camera was first supported in Lightroom 6.1.1.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Either pay to upgrade to Lightroom 6 then free update to 6.10.1. Then edit your Raw files.

Or join the Cloud (then free update to Cloud CC 2015.10.1). Then edit your Raw files.

Or convert to DNG then edit the DNG files in 5.7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

Camera Raw Prferences: 9.0

License: Creative Cloud
Can not import my SONY A7RII and A7SII .arw RAW files:

"The files are not recognized the the raw format support in Lightroom".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are running the ORIGINAL release of LR CC 2015/6 and need to update it. You can do that manually from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx - it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . But I installed on my second computer "Lightroom_6_LS11.exe". It does not recognize the Sony RAW .arw! Then I tried to patch with "Lightroom 6.10.1 2015.10.1.zip" with this result "update failed. . . . update suppressed by administrator". But I have all admin rights????

update failed.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• What about The NikonD500. I have the same Problem. My Version is Lightroom 5.7.1 can you give me any suggestions!Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"What about The NikonD500. I have the same Problem. My Version is Lightroom 5.7.1 can you give me any suggestions"

You need a newer version of Lightroom. You can purchase (subscribe) to the current version of Lightroom Classic 9.4.

Or you can use the FREE Adobe DNG Converter, as described above, to convert your RAWs to DNG and then import the DNGs into Lightroom 5.7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines