• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files unreadable after export from Lightroom classic

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i export photos from lightroom classic and try to upload them to google drive or any other file sharing app, it says "file unreadable".    I havent changed how i previously exported, and this started randomly in the middle of exporting a large group of files ...most of them worked fine, but the last few said "files unreadable", and ever since that happened i cant figure out how to get things working like normal again.   It doesn't make to me, because i havent changed a thing.       Any help is appreciated 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does this error message "files unreadable" happen? Does it happen in Lightroom Classic, or outside of Lightroom Classic? Please provide the exact word-for-word error message.

This is probably file corruption caused by a hardware malfunction. It could be computer memory gone bad, it could be hard disk malfunction (that would be my first guess), it could be other things. You need to run diagnostic tools on your computer hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting them directly into the shared folder? If so, this could be an issue where the sharing app tries to share the file before it is fully written by Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this exact issue. I thought it was an SD card issue or camera issue. I am able to send other files just not photos now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

following

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact same issue and came upon your question. I updated lightroom and restarted my computer and everything was readable to the drive afterwards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this exact same problem, and updating Lightroom and restarting my computer seemed to be the solution too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines