Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need all of these files?...

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 5.12.30 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the EXACT Name of the Catalog you are currently using?

It is listed at the top of the LrC window. Here is mine.

2020-09-29 18_39_12-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to small, I wonder if I am using mutiple but need a process to confirm, thank you...Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 5.50.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalog files are data based files they contain data about the files your have imported and also all the edits and other functions you have performed. Note, they do not contain image files or copies of those files. If you are looking to save space check the Backup folder, the backup file will be stored within folders that carry the name as the dare and time created. You just need to keep the most recent one's  of the current Catalog and a couple from the previous version in the event you need to go back to an earlier version.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 37,075 images files ”imported to” my Catalog which is 468 MB so not even half a GB so your Catalog is not small.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you expand the screen shot so we can view the the date the files we're last used. The one's with the logo are the actual LrC Catalog files and the end extension is .lrcat (LRCAT). If I had to hazard a guess all the files with (original) included are current and absolutely required. The file hilightly in red is a LOCK as the extension suggests and will be there to protect the Catalog file which is in use. Once Lightroom is open with a particular Catalog it will be in place and will be automatically removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, see atatched...

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 5.53.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your backups should not be on the same disk as your working catalog file. They MUST be on a different physical disk. Why? Because if your disk stops working, then you have no working catalog and no backups, and I'm guessing you would not be happy about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So thre next question is "Do you use more than One (That is ONE) Catalog"?

The Helper, Previews and Smart Previews folders (although the Smart Previews folder is only created If you actually have Smart Preview of image files) are created for any catalog that is actually being used.

Since all of those folder start with Lr Cat-2 (original)-2 and you also have Lr Cat-2 (original)-2.lrcat.lock and .lrcat-wal file I think you can delete all other files and or folder that do not have the full Lr Cat-2 (original)-2 naming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines