• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill in for lost color in image.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image of a golf course sign and the color in one of the numbers in the Established date (the year the golf course was established) is faded terribly. How do I obtain the correct color from one of the other numbers and fill in the faded number so that all the numbers have the same color? 

This seems like it should be an incredibly easy thing to do but I can not figure it out.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Adjustment Brush with the below settings. Place the first brush spot, hold down the Shift key, and click again to draw a straight line for fill. You can use the Erase brush to clean up any spill over.

Brush.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the Range Mask doesn't work well for this image correction. It didn't take long to apply the needed correction using just the Adjustment brush with the suggested settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help on this. I'm still newby at LR so I'm learning on the run. The Range Mask and other tools on LR are amazing. It's just a matter of learning everything and applying them where needed. 

Thanks again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love the range mask, but it takes a while to fully understand where and how to use it. Here's a good a video by Anthony Morganti:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27gzowLCt8o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try Todd's excellent suggestion, but this happens to be one of those areas where Photoshop excels. 

If you do you Lightroom, then using the Range Mask with the Adjustment Brush will help limit your adjustment to the desired area.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines