Highlighted

Filter catalogue on import date

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Olympus OM-D E-M1 loses track of time every time I replace the battery. If I forget to reset the date and time all photos get tagged as 2013-12-31 11:00pm which is a real pain in the catalog. I know I can sort by date  added but I haven't been able to find the metadata field that shows the actual import date. Is that date anywhere in Lrc? I am using the latest version on MacOSX.

If anyone has suggestions for cleaning up this mess I would love them. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Just Shoot Me | Adobe Community Professional

You need to send the camera in for service. The internal Clock battery has failed and needs to be replaced.

The images only know what the camera is writing to it.

Get the camera fixed.

Import date can vary. Do you manually Copy the images off the memory card to a folder on your drive or use LrC to do the copying to a folder when imported?

Folder date and import date, Date Created for the folder and files On Disk would be nearly  the same.

You Really need to get your camera fixed or remember to set the date and time everytime you chaneg the battery.

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Filter catalogue on import date

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Olympus OM-D E-M1 loses track of time every time I replace the battery. If I forget to reset the date and time all photos get tagged as 2013-12-31 11:00pm which is a real pain in the catalog. I know I can sort by date  added but I haven't been able to find the metadata field that shows the actual import date. Is that date anywhere in Lrc? I am using the latest version on MacOSX.

If anyone has suggestions for cleaning up this mess I would love them. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Just Shoot Me | Adobe Community Professional

You need to send the camera in for service. The internal Clock battery has failed and needs to be replaced.

Get the camera fixed.

Import date can vary. Do you manually Copy the images off the memory card to a folder on your drive or use LrC to do the copying to a folder when imported?

Folder date and import date, Date Created for the folder and files On Disk would be nearly  the same.

You Really need to get your camera fixed or remember to set the date and time everytime you chaneg the battery.

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get the camera fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
mich8261 LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed on servicing the camera. As soon as the hummingbirds leave for the winter this Oly is going in for service. 

I import from the card straight into my catalog. I have set it up so that the images are brought into folders organized by year, month and day. Strangely for these, instead of ending up in a folder tree like this

I now have a folder named 2013-12-31 at the same level as the months on my tree

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines