• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filters in Quick Collection do not work, Lightroom Classic on Mac

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! The filters by rating stars, color flags and others do not work on photos in Quick Collection. Shows empty screen and message "No photos match the filter" ... despite there are photos that certainly match. Running Lightroom Classic version: 9.2.1 [ 202004070813-7699d98a ] on Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS 10 version 10.15.4. Any suggestions...? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't duplicate this on Windows 10.

Show us a screen capture so we can see what you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't duplicate on MacOS 10.15.4 and Lr9.2.1.  Post a screenshot of your filter bar at the bottom right above the thumbnails.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

No photos match the filter" ... despite there are photos that certainly match

End Quote:

Are these photos that Do Match IN the Quick Collection?

I suspect they are Not actually listed in the collection that is marked as the quick collection.

Or you are trying to select more than One Attribute in the Filter Bar and none of the images have both of those attributes placed on them.

Here are some screen shots to show what I am suggesting.

Here is the Quick Collection selected that has 82 images add to it and No Attribute in the filter bar selected.

2020-05-23 15_43_22-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Now in the Filter Bar I select 3 stars or greater and those images that have 3 stars or greater only show in the Grid view area. Note that no color label is selected in the Filter Bar.

2020-05-23 15_48_00-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Now if I then select the color label Red this is what I get in the grid view.

2020-05-23 15_51_02-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

That is because none of the images have BOTH a 3 star rating AND the Red color label.

But if I add a 3 star rating to one of the images that has the Red color label this is what I get when I select BOTH 3 star rating and Red color label.

2020-05-23 15_55_37-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

2020-05-23 15_58_16-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Images have to match ALL of the Attributes you have selected in the Filter Bar for them to show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice and thorough explanation! But believe me, the photos corresponding the folter criteria were there. Besides, I tried just simple three-star selection - so single criteria select. I am LR user since version 3, but today this came as a surprise 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE | Somehow fixed the issue. Despite the dropdown menu in bottom right said "No filter" (see below)...

Screenshot 2020-05-23 at 23.12.40.png

... I selected (again, just to be sure) the option "Filters Off" ... 

Screenshot 2020-05-23 at 23.14.23.png

... and voila! - it works now as supposed! Interesting, because this issue was only in Quick Collection, not affecting any other folder or album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I was just having the same issue, and this fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This just worked for me, too! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines