Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find hidden collection folders in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I created a Collection Folder called South Dakota.  When I was in the drop down menu for that folder, I clicked something and it disappeared from the Collections list.  I can't find it.  The photos from the South Dakota folder are still in the folder - when I search (cmd-F) for South Dakota the photos appear in grid format of the library.  How do I make the South Dakota folder re-appear in the Collections menu?  Thanks, Kate

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 2.03.08 PM.jpg

{Thread renamed by moderator}

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kate,

That shouldn't be happening, let's make it right.

Do you mean that the Collection panel on the left is missing?

If so, use the menu command WIndow >Panels > Collections

Let us know if it helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kate,

Could you please tell us if the entire Collections sections is missing from the Library panel in Lightroom Classic or is it just one collection that has disappeared?

If you are not able to see the Collections section in the Library module then please right click on one of the other sections (like folders, catalog, etcs.) and ensure the option for Collections is checked.

clipboard_image_0.png

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, The collections panel and all of the folders are visible in the left panel. The only one missing is the South Dakota Folder. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click on South Dakota in the dropdown in your screen shot?   I should find and take you to that collection and open it.

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 1.59.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some sleuthing, I figured it out. I had it synced to my LR mobile and somehow clicked the remove from album toggle. In the dropdown menu from the Album I was able to re-add it to the Collection list. Crazy!! Thank you everyone for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could it be that you have accidentally dragged the South Dakota collection into another collection?

If so, there will be a small arrow in front of that collection. Click the arrow to see what's inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines