• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find Serial number in lightroom 6

New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all, I have been using Lightroom 6 for several years on my old MacBook; I'm now buying a new MacBook Pro, how can I move the LR 6 software to the new MacBook and starting with, where can I find the Serial Number which seems to be needed reading previous posts?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

You can find the serial number for LR 6 via: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

If the new Mac runs OSX 10.15 or higher, you cannot install LR 6 on the new Mac, as Apple does not allow the 32-bit installer to run on this operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find the serial number for LR 6 via: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

If the new Mac runs OSX 10.15 or higher, you cannot install LR 6 on the new Mac, as Apple does not allow the 32-bit installer to run on this operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks DJ and good to know the old Lightroom will not work on the new Mac... Also, I have an adobe account but I don't get any serial number after clicking on the link you suggested. LR6 is up and running, can't I download the serial number from the software itself? Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be technically precise, yes LR 6 will run on Catalina, if it was installed under an earlier operating system. however, if you need to install LR 6 on Catalina, Apple prevents this.

Did you register your Lightroom 6 with Adobe, or purchase it directly from Adobe? If not, then Adobe doesn't have the ability to provide your serial number. If you purchased Lightroom 6 in an actual box, the serial number is on the box. If you downloaded Lightroom 6, you should have received an e-mail which contains your serial number, you should search your e-mails.

I would like to point out that there should never be a situation where you can't find your serial number. You need to develop a system of storing serial numbers — not just for Lightroom but for all of your software — so you can find it at any time. I use a file stored on my computer, and backed up into "the cloud", so its always available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks DJ. I found it in the mail chain! All good and also I have bought the new Lightroom Classic for my new machine. Can I ask your recommendation to move my catalog to the new computer? I have all my files on an external hard drive so that's easy; do you have a recommendation to move the catalog from one computer to the other? I'm conscious there's a lot of info in the catalog so I don't want to mess it up. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The full instructions to move photos from one computer to another are here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Probably, the part where you move photos means just plug the external HD into the new computer. Do not skip the part where you are instructed to make backups. Pay attention to the first paragraph of section 6, where it says you should NOT import the photos on the new computer. That is so important, I am going to say it again in all capital letters so you know its important ... DO NOT IMPORT THE PHOTOS ON THE NEW COMPUTER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines