Highlighted

Finding photos that are erased

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have deleted photos from the catalogue but they are still in my Picture folder and I want to erase them.

They don't exist in any collection and how can I then find them?

Sincerely, Jesper

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Finding photos that are erased

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have deleted photos from the catalogue but they are still in my Picture folder and I want to erase them.

They don't exist in any collection and how can I then find them?

Sincerely, Jesper

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just chose the option to remove the images from Lightroom, then the images are still in the folder where they were imported. You will have to use your system browser (File Explorer in Windows, Finder on the Mac) to browse to that folder and locate the image to delete it. Lightroom no longer has any reference to that image so you will not be able to locate it using Lightroom.

The other option would be to synchronize the folder to bring the image back into the Lightroom catalog long enough to choose the option to delete from disk. Doing that would send the image to the recycle bin or the trash.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 3
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like Jim's suggestion to synchronize the folder.

If you then immediately look in the Catalog panel, selecting the [Previous Import] will show you the images that you can now delete permanently. Preview in the grid - just to be sure!

ScreenShot065.jpg

You need to view this [Previous Import] list immediately because it will change every time you synchronize a folder or run the Import process.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0