• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding saved book

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent hours working on a book that I know I saved somehow, somewhere, but I am not sure how to look for it. It's not in my collections panel. The idea was that I was moving it to Dropbox so that I could work on it when I was taking a trip  on my laptop. However, I'm not sure if I save it correctly, and if I did, what the extension on the file would be. I'm spinnng my wheels here and really hate to have to start over. Any suggestions what I shoudl be looking for? Thanks,
Lynne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

"It's not in my collections panel."  Then I can only presume you did not click the Tab to [Create Saved Book]

ScreenShot221.jpg

The tab in the Book module- [Create Saved Book] creates a specialized COLLECTION in the Collection panel of the LR library. It (the 'Saved Book')   is only stored within the Catalog. It does not create a separate working file.

To work on a 'Saved Book' "on a trip" you would need to select the BOOK COLLECTION and [Export as a Catalog] to create a travel Catalog with the images.

https://www.phototraces.com/lightroom-tutorials/merge-lightroom-catalogs/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did or you didn't specfically click on the "Create Saved Book" in the upper right area of the book module GUI? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know at some point I did...

--
Lynne Harty Photography
www.lynneharty.com
828-777-7073
IG, FB,
LI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It's not in my collections panel."  Then I can only presume you did not click the Tab to [Create Saved Book]

ScreenShot221.jpg

The tab in the Book module- [Create Saved Book] creates a specialized COLLECTION in the Collection panel of the LR library. It (the 'Saved Book')   is only stored within the Catalog. It does not create a separate working file.

To work on a 'Saved Book' "on a trip" you would need to select the BOOK COLLECTION and [Export as a Catalog] to create a travel Catalog with the images.

https://www.phototraces.com/lightroom-tutorials/merge-lightroom-catalogs/

To resume editing/designing a "Saved Book Collection" you [Double-Click] on the name of the book in the Collection panel (Or [Click] the small arrow that appears with cursor hover). Saved Book Collections have the icon that looks like an open book.

A Screen-clip of my Saved Book Collections- (I publish my favourite images in a book each year, and Book Collections I keep in a Book Collection Set.)

ScreenShot219.jpg

The 'small arrow'-

ScreenShot220.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - my memory is that I exported a catalog that included the book, but I don't see the book. I will look into this further tomorrow. Many thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been several months since I did this, which is why I'm not 100% sure what I did. However, I did export it as a catalog, and I specifically remember saving the book. That is why my original question was how to search for it. I know for example that a LR backup has extension"lrcat" and that helps me search for it. What extension does a saved book have? I'm fully aware that my system was flawed in terms of moving things between computers in my attempt to export the book catalog to  Dropbox to be able to open it on my laptop computer. When I tried, the photos were there, but not the book. Thanks,
Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What extension does a saved book have?

Nothing! It does not exist! There is NO such thing as a 'Saved Book' file that is separate to the Catalog.

A "saved book" is only a COLLECTION in the working Catalog of all your photos.

If your current working catalog does not have the Book Collection you are looking for (are you sure?) then you would need to find a backup catalog that does. This would mean extracting the .LRCAT files from backup ZIP files and opening each one in turn.

In the Catalog you "Exported"-(Thinking it was a book) it had to have a "Saved Book COLLECTION" to recover the book design. Without clicking that tab to create a saved book in the Collection panel- there is no book saved anywhere. 

How to Make a Photo Book

How to make photo books in Lightroom Classic CC

ScreenShot160.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines