Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First instal, not my photo's.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have been using adobe cc for a couple of years now, and only today installed Lightroom.

Now i have never-ever installed Lightroom before on this laptop, or even used Lightroom on any other device on my account. 

Although, i noticed something perculiar. 137 pictures in "All photo's" to be exact.  Pictures from a seemingly plumber located in USA who loves burgers it seems. Now i myself live in the Netherlands, how does this happen i wonder? it's quite amusing but weird. 

Thanks,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

The only way that could happen is if you had a catalog from some version of LR on your computer.

Is this a NEW computer or new to YOU computer (A Used computer)?

LR Classic, and all previous Traditional version of LR, is just a Database program. No images are in the LR program and none in the catalog file. The catalog file is just a database file that the LR program opens. The catalog just has references to images you have imported. 

If you look at those thumbnails of the images I bet they have

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Thought it might have had something to do with that.

Yes actually, it's refurbished from Leapp. 

Thanks for clearing up!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way that could happen is if you had a catalog from some version of LR on your computer.

Is this a NEW computer or new to YOU computer (A Used computer)?

LR Classic, and all previous Traditional version of LR, is just a Database program. No images are in the LR program and none in the catalog file. The catalog file is just a database file that the LR program opens. The catalog just has references to images you have imported. 

If you look at those thumbnails of the images I bet they have an Exclamation mark on them. That means LR can't find them.

The only way for a NEW install of LR to show images the first time you open it is for there to be a LR catalog file someplace on your computers hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thought it might have had something to do with that.

Yes actually, it's refurbished from Leapp. 

Thanks for clearing up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines