• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Support for Nikon Z6 II Camera

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got my Z6 II but i was not able to download all the raw files to Lightromm Classic

please help

Regards

Gan

{Moderator Note: Edited title}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 10.1, Lightroom 4.1, and Camera Raw 13.1 which includes the support for the Nikon Z6 II camera.

Here's the list of new cameras and lenses

Let us know if that helps and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very new camera and the RAW photos are not supported by any Adobe products at this time. You need to use the Nikon software, convert the photos to TIF, and then import the TIF into Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how soon will there be an update that supports Z6 II? This is really important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know, we're not Adobe in this forum, we are just Lightroom Classic users who have no control and no say over these matters. So telling us it is "really important" makes not the slightest bit of difference.

Typically, Adobe releases camera updates about every 3 months, and the new cameras are supported in the next update. (But no guarantees either).

But anyway, I provided instructions for a work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better and easier, go into the EXIF and edit the camera to be a normal Z6. Remove the  _2.
Voila, files will open!

Step by step detailed instructions available on the web here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it with this guide and it was free... https://node14.com/Public/Blog/OpenNikonZ6IIRaw.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great workaround! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! Amazing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sir! Definitly easier than VSCode!

here is the direct command line if you just download the exiftool

exiftool "-EXIF:Model=NIKON Z 6" *.NEF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Nikon software ViewNX2 does not support the conversion between its NEF to any other formats now. It will simply say "format not supported" during conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon Capture NX-D  if View-NX2 does not 'work'-

https://www.nikon.co.uk/en_GB/product/software/capture-nx-d#overview

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrade your very old software to View NX-i and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the following script to call the exiftool, to be able to import RAW-files into lightoom:

exiftool.exe -Model="Nikon Z6" -ext .NEF -r .\

The ".\" is the location where the NEF files are stored, by default a backup is made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Yes I have tried this Exiftool and it works, but LR still don't open the NEF files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry made a little copy paste mistake, make sure there is a space between the Z and the 6!

exiftool.exe -Model="Nikon Z 6" -ext .NEF -r .\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do this on Mac? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First download and install EXIFTOOL by Phil Harvey. Then open Terminal and paste the command under the comment "Set to Z 6"

# Set to Z 6
exiftool -overwrite_original -Model="NIKON Z 6" -Software="Ver.03.10" -CreatorTool="NIKON Z 6 Ver.03.10" target_file_or_dir

# Reset to Z 6 2
exiftool -overwrite_original -Model="NIKON Z 6_2" -Software="NIKON Z 6_2 Ver.01.00" -CreatorTool="NIKON Z 6_2 Ver.01.00" target_file_or_dir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Z6 II RAW files are identical to Z6 RAW files ... it should be very easy for Adobe to implement this functionality.
Meanwhile I developed such a small utility which converts Z6 II Raw files into Z6 RAW files...
I am Czech, so the page is in czech language, but Utility is in English, easy to use ... just in case , use Google translator for web page instructions
www.macek-photo.cz 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it doesn't work, apparently I've heard that apples new update doesn't support the Nikon software. Is there any other way to make the conversion from RAW to TIFF. I'm in need of help ASAP as I have just traded in my old camera to the z6 2 and now I can't do any of my upcoming jobs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Z6-2 raw. As the say- "Up sh.. creek without a paddle!  New camera, new software, new OS.

Lightroom-Classic does not yet support.

Nikon Capture-NX-D does support but NOT in Mac BigSur! (August 2020: "compatibility results will be announced later")

For those with this problem-  Do you have friends with a PC that could export as TIFs from Capture NX-D until support is provided?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do I need to take back my Mac to Catalina for the Nikon software to work correct?

Also do you know how long it will take for Adobe to fix this issue as this has caused me a lot of issue?

Kind Regards

Leivi Saltman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"how long?"  Not a clue. I am just another LrC user like you!

And Adobe will not tell until a release is made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a small, open-source utility that can fix the files until there is a fix from Adobe, Apple and others. Hope this helps https://github.com/inadarei/nikonzfix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, but the Nikon software does the same thing even when j try to save as TIF or JPEG. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines