• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Unexpected error while opening catalog Lightroom Classic 10

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the new Lightroom Classic and it will not run on my iMac because it is not able to covert to the new catalog. Wondering why.  Runs fine on my new 16 inch Macbook Pro.  I uninstalled LrC and reinstalled it.  It did not help.  It does not display the dialog about upgrading the catalog.Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 1.12.18 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-10-21 at 1.07.58 AM.jpg

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title LRD-4205457}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 10.1 which includes the fix for this issue.

Here's the list of fixed issue in this release: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I uninstalled LrC v10 and reinstalled v9.4 and it works fine, but if I upgrade again it fails to open catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

following

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works on your other MAC.

So, using an external hard drive, what happens if you copy the working catalog, hopefully complete with photos, and try launching that copy on the offending MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to try it and see.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and it did not work either.  I even checked file permissions to make sure there was not a problem with that.  I down graded so I can use Lightroom.  I hope someone at Adobe reads this.  I would like to get the upgrade. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have installed LT 10 on Imac Pro but I cannot import the old catalog 9.4 and I am unable to create a new one. It always gives me the same mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error message are you getting when trying to open your older catalogue in Lightroom 10?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with the same issue, but if it helps, if you revert to the older version 9.4, the catalog will open normally.

I just couldn't update because gives me this annoying error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too 9.4 work fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the unexpected error while upgrading the catalog. Could please share a Lightroom catalog with us via private message and we can try and troubleshoot the problem at our end.

Also, you may try reset Lightroom preferences back to defaults and check if that helps. Here's how you reset Lightroom Classic preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_prefere...

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I send you a copy of my catalog? I don't see a way to attach a file in a private message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the preferences reset and reinstalled V10.  V10 still does not convert and open.  I reverted back to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit, I tried that, and didn't work either. 
No matter how many times, the issue is in the catalog file. I tried to open a backup from new (Created) folders and from different drives and still, it doesn't open.

It looks like to me there is a major issue on converting the actual catalog from LRC 9.4 to LRC 10.

Please help to point to any solutions, because I'm missing the new features because of a simple problem.

Thank you

Fabricio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are catalogs in Lightroom Classic backward compatible? NO.

So I just found this link explaining the compatibility with older versions. So if the previous catalog can't be converted to a new version (9.4 to 10), in my case it doesn't let me create a new one as well. So it really gets stuck.

Thanks 

Fabricio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those having this problem. I recommend that you post it over at the official Adobe Feedback site, where Adobe Techs pay attention. They may provide you with a private email invite to send the catalog over to them for analysis Appears to be a MAC vs Adobe issue???

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872?cType=PROBLEM&page=...

Recommend that you include your system information as LrC reports it, in the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Lightroom classic 10 and got this error.  Unexpected error opening catalog. The catalog could not be opened due to an unexpected error. I'm running Mac OS 10.15.7  Any suggestions? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, a lot of Mac users are having this problem. See https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-after-the-new-versi...

and add your comments to the thread.

For now, it is probably best to install Lightroom Classic 9.4. https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 10.1 which includes the fix for this issue.

Here's the list of fixed issue in this release: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit,

I just updated to the nrw LRC 10.2.  Again, as last time, I can not open my catalog or create a new catalog therefore I can not use LRC 10.2 at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to LTC 10.2, and I also CANNOT open any of my catalogs... THIS IS A BIG ISSUE.

I am on a Mac Pro, running macOS 11.3, and all my updates to Adobe Creative Cloud have been prompted by Adobe.

GET THIS FIXED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GET THIS FIXED!

@bomelkr

It would get fixed a whole lot faster if you told Adobe, rather than the Lightroom Classic users in this forum, who can't fix the program even if we wanted to. Use the link on the main page of this forum.

2020-05-02 16_13_26-Lightroom Classic on Adobe Support Community.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the impression that Adobe monitored these forums - but perhaps I am wrong, sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, mostly, does not monitor this community page. Oh, occasonally a comment will be made, but not so constructive.

A site, Adobe techs do respond in is: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the URL I suggest you go to report your issues as Adobe not only monitors this site, it keeps track of those reporting such issues:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-102-message-the-cat...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines