Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro 16"

OS 10.15.3

LR Classic 9.2

ACR 12.2

When I select multiple photos in Grid view and then type "X" or "`" for flag or reject, Lightroom only applies the change to the first photo selected, even though multiple are selected at once.  This just started after I updated Lightroom today. Thought it was only on the second window view at first, but now it is happening on my main display as well.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Flag/Reject Shortcuts Not Working Properly

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro 16"

OS 10.15.3

LR Classic 9.2

ACR 12.2

When I select multiple photos in Grid view and then type "X" or "`" for flag or reject, Lightroom only applies the change to the first photo selected, even though multiple are selected at once.  This just started after I updated Lightroom today. Thought it was only on the second window view at first, but now it is happening on my main display as well.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is also doing the same for ratings and color coding images.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/flag-label-rate-photos.html

and note down under  Flag or reject photos:

• Select one or more photos in the Grid view, or select a single photo in the Filmstrip in Loupe, Compare, or Survey view. Then, choose Photo > Set Flag and choose the flag you want. If more than one photo is selected in the Filmstrip in Loupe, Compare, or Survey view, the flag is applied only to the active photo.

•  
Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am assuming that the second screen grid view doesn't count as the actual grid view then?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct!

It is the Main screen that you have to have the Grid view on. the same screen the main program is on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very annoying to me, in my workflow, I use second monitor in Grid mode to browse photos and use the main screen to do the edit, I can't mark multiple photos as rejected in second monitor Grid mode by X.

Is there a way to ask for new feature?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It's very annoying to me, in my workflow, I use second monitor in Grid mode to browse photos and use the main screen to do the edit, I can't mark multiple photos as rejected in second monitor Grid mode by X."

Two less-convenient workarounds:

- Select multiple photos, right-click them, and do Set Flag > Rejected.

- Select multiple photos, make sure you're in Library Loupe view, and do the menu command Metadata > Enable Auto Sync (or click the on/off button to the left of Sync in the lower-right corner).  Now any change you make to photo metadata in Library Loupe view will be applied to all the selected photos. I don't recommend this option, since it's too easy to forget that you've left it on.

LR is highly inconsistent with how it deals with multiple selected photos in Loupe view ("inconsistent" is being polite -- it's a pigsty).  You could post a feature request to change the behavior or add an option to change it.  Adobe wants all product suggestions posted in the official feedback forum:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Product developers read everything posted there, but rarely participate here, which is primarily a user-to-user forum. (Safari users, uncheck the option Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking or use Chrome or Firefox.)

However, with this particular feature request, I think it's highly unlikely Adobe will ever act on it. Over the years, employees have consistently defended the current behavior.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines