• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flagged photos problem

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go through 500 images, flag (P) some, then select the "flagged" option.  All images in my film strip are then flagged.  I work one, then export.  As soon as I click "export" the film strip reverts back to my 500 images again.  I can see the flagged photos in the filmstrip and have to re-click "flagged" to get rid of the trash.   I'm positive that this condition did not exist before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

It works that way if you have "Add to this Catalog" chosen in the Export Dialog.  The exported photo is NOT flagged so it turns filters OFF to show the photo.   Not sure if it is a bug or as designed.   

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums).
Please tell us what Adobe application you are using so that this can be moved to the proper forum for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH, so sorry...Lightroom Classic is what I'm using, and behaving badly...heh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe currently has 23 programs included in a full Cloud subscription
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are selecting the Flagged option in the Filter bar? Correct?

Same thing happoens to me but I think it has always been like this. I still have LR 5.7.1 installed on my system so I opened that version and tested. It does not go back to showing all the images.

so this is something new. Whether it is a bug or the way Adobe want it to be I have no idea. But it has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works that way if you have "Add to this Catalog" chosen in the Export Dialog.  The exported photo is NOT flagged so it turns filters OFF to show the photo.   Not sure if it is a bug or as designed.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob in LR 5.7.1 I have Add to Catalog selected and Add to Stack and in that version of LR it does Not go back to all the photos. It stays showing the Flagged images.

So this is something that Adobe changed from the way it worked in LR5.x.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info JSM.  I wonder if it was intentional or an introduced glitch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob that probably will never be determined. One mans BUG is another mans FEATURE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...aha...see, it *was* an operator thing!  I changed that setting recently...and now will go back because this is a giant PITA!  Thanks Bob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines