• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Focus Bracketing - Open as Layers

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I have been using focus bracketing techniques and have been selecting the images in Lightroom Classic and opening as layers in Photoshop (latest versions and current iMac running Catalina). However almost invariably the process 'hangs' - i.e if I have four images then three load and hangs on four; if 10 images hangs on 7th or 8th (it has very rarely worked). I have a workaround by opening in Photoshop, then  going to File/Scripts and opening all open images as a stack etc. and then proceeding with AutoAlign/Auto blend etc.. 

Even though I have a workaround it really annoys and confuses me as to why it seems to always hang towards the end of a procedure.

Any help would be most welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR 9.3 introduced the problem:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/-open-as-layers-in-photoshop-function-in-ligh...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. (Safari users, uncheck the option Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking or use Chrome or Firefox.)

Some people have alleviated the problem by turning off TIFF compression (see the bug report), but that hasn't worked for others. If it doesn't work for you, you'll have to roll back to version 9.2.1. 

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines