• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder 2009 exists in my Original Photos folder. All the images are in Lightroom.

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subfolder "2009" exists in my Original Photos folder. All the images are in Lightroom. The subfolder 2009 is not visible in my location list but when I try to create it, LR says it already exists. Yet it (out of over 1000+ subfolders) is the only folder not visible. Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is not a file/folder browser. It shows you the folders it knows about in its database, not the folders that exist in your operating system.

Most likely, the photos in that folder are in your LightrooM Classic Catalog, but in a different folder (this can happen by accident if the wrong import options are chosen). So, you need to search for one of these photos by first clicking on All Photographs and then searching by file name. Once you find it this way, you can figure out which folder the photos are in according to Lightroom Classic, and then even fix the problem, if desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I search the image in LR "Photo" Show in Folder" it takes me to folder 2009. When I ask Finder to "Show in Enclosing Folder" it shows me Original Photos. Everything is correct except LR will not show the folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes you to the folder named 2009, but is it under the same parent folder as all the other folders? Or is it under a difference parent folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Same parent folder.

Robert S Johnson
http://www.robertsjohnsonphotography.com
https://www.instagram.com/robert_s_johnson_photography

I can’t understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I’m frightened
of the old ones. – John Cage

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances. – Maya Angelou

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Samuel Beckett, Worstward Ho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines