• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder missing in Lightroom Classis

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my folders (which is in my laptop) does not show in LR. (It is a folder used only in LR.)

EG: Laptop 

PawsAndCues_0-1592691881985.png

Inside Lightroom:

PawsAndCues_1-1592691958088.png

The Grand Staircase Escalanted folder is missing. The KK folders are folders that I created inside LR.

How do I get that folder back inside LR? Why did it happen? How can a prevent it from happening again?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it is not imported to LrC. Just be very careful each time you import to be sure the LrC import function is going to do exactly what you wish. You should be able to import it into LrC with the "Add" choice if the folder is already on the drive as you have listed.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure what you mean by not showing up.

LrC (that is the traditional version of Lightroom now called Lightroom Classic or LrC for short) is not a File Manager.

It only shows folders in the "Folders" Section of the left hand side panel in the Library Module of folder you have actually imported images from and or that you created inside, with, the LrC interface.

So even though that folder you think is missing shows up on your hard drive using the File Manager for the OS you are using does not mean it will show up in LrC.

So I suggest you use the Import button to open the import dialog window, Seledct Add at the top and in the left hand side panel browse to and select that "Grand Staircase Escalanted" folder and import the images that are found in it. It will then show up in the LrC Folders section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines