Highlighted

Folder not appearing for syncing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have this following issue maybe once or twice a year, now I need to do something about it. I am using the latest LR Classic desktop (currently v. 9.2.1). As demontrated in this video (https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/326ed2d6-a3cf-4280-4640-79fa7608bf60) I have a folder: photo/GoPro/2020/06 with subfolders 12, 13 and 14 (shown in Finder). Now there are two issues:

1. Folder 14 will not appear in LR when trying to sync

2. Folder 13 has according to LR only two items whereas it actually has 13 (see in Finder).

Why isn't LR able to sync and show the folder 14 and why does LR sync folder 13 only partially? LR does this perfectly 98%

in all other import/sync cases.

Your help is much appreciated!

S

Topics

Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Folder not appearing for syncing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have this following issue maybe once or twice a year, now I need to do something about it. I am using the latest LR Classic desktop (currently v. 9.2.1). As demontrated in this video (https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/326ed2d6-a3cf-4280-4640-79fa7608bf60) I have a folder: photo/GoPro/2020/06 with subfolders 12, 13 and 14 (shown in Finder). Now there are two issues:

1. Folder 14 will not appear in LR when trying to sync

2. Folder 13 has according to LR only two items whereas it actually has 13 (see in Finder).

Why isn't LR able to sync and show the folder 14 and why does LR sync folder 13 only partially? LR does this perfectly 98%

in all other import/sync cases.

Your help is much appreciated!

S

Topics

Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR Classic you done Sync Folders.

You place images into a Collection and you Sync that collection to the LR Web and Mobile system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Just Shoot Me for the reply,

your answer though makes no sense to me. With all do respect I fail to see how it relates to my question.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was supposed to read "You Don't sync folders".

And actually you Can Not sync folders. You must place images in collections and Sync the collection.

2020-06-15 18_30_16-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines