Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder sync missing

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used to sync two folders in lightroom.

I opened lightroom for the first time after a couple of months and I believe also after some upgrade and I do not see anymore these folders.

It's not a big issue for the photo that are still in the PC folder but I used to work a lot evaluating these photos.

Is there a way to find all these evaluations and flags done?

Thansk a lot,

Giacomo

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like after the upgrade Lightroom created a new catalog. That seems to be a problem that quite a few people have. Look for the old catalog, open that (Lightroom will want to upgrade it) and you should be fine.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the catalogue only syncronizing the folders but I didn't have a catalogue file saved.

It seems not visible now in the PC and I am guessing that during the update Lightroom has overwritten the original file.

Any possibility to recover?

Thanks a lot

Giacomo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Mac OS Catalina involved here?

I do see you mention a "PC folder" but I'm not sure whether that's Windows or not? PC can mean Personal Computer of course .. .. .. 

LRC and OS versions please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LRC for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 'Folder Synchronize' can 'Remove' photos from the Catalog! (if the previews show "Missing")

Dangers of Synchronize Folder

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for my other reply.

I think you are writting about, asking about, the Synchronize Folder option from either the Right Click menu or from the Library menu item > Synchronize Folder.

I took your use of the word Sync to mean Syncing with the Lr Web and Mobile system

I suggest in the future when asking about either that you use the Full word for Synchronizing Folders and Sync dealing with the Web and mobile systems.

Sorry for my mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines