Highlighted

Folders and files not found after June 2020 update

Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files and folders in LR Classic are suddenly not found this morning after the new update this week. Anyone else having this problem? I right clicked on one of the largest images folders telling it where it's located on my computer but it didn't seem to find them. Never encountered this before. A LR user for eight years. Macbook Pro with most current OS 10.15.5

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Folders and files not found after June 2020 update

Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files and folders in LR Classic are suddenly not found this morning after the new update this week. Anyone else having this problem? I right clicked on one of the largest images folders telling it where it's located on my computer but it didn't seem to find them. Never encountered this before. A LR user for eight years. Macbook Pro with most current OS 10.15.5

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the version you update from? Did the update complete without any problems?

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic 9.3. As far as I can tell the update went fine. I backed up my catalog prior to the update. I had updated from the most current version, don't know the number. The program was not having any issues locating my drives before. One is a RAID (three disks) and another of the same size that is not RAID.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom were you using before you updated to LrC 9.3?

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The prior LRC version was whatever was most current before this week's update. I always install the updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain this part in a lot more detail, step-by-step, leaving nothing out, stating what happened or didn't happen.

"I right clicked on one of the largest images folders telling it where it's located on my computer but it didn't seem to find them."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice the program is showing one of my discs now but placing a "1" after its original name (for the entire disc). My RAID drive and non-RAID drive do not show up at all, so I can't click on anything to ask the program to locate them. I am guessing if I tell LRC to import those drives all of my editing info in the catalog will be lost. What do you think?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I was hoping for even more detail, and a step-by-step explanation of what you are doing. Saying drives don't show up doesn't really isolate the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of your Library Module display, have the Folders Panel expanded out, have the center screen in grid view.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same here... Just a simple suggested Premiere update ERASED all previous project files from my C: drive

Should have backed them up sure -- but NO OTHER SOFTWARE ERASES previous projects when running an update!

Hours and hours and hours SHOT into a hole from simply clicking a suggested update !!

You Must Be Kidding Me !!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This type of thing showed up back in 2017 with files getting erased upon doing updates... 

Who is coding for you guys?   Outsourcing much?    Seriously.    This is a jaw dropper to see this was going on back in 2017 and still is going on now!    The most important part of any software update -- do not break the application and

don't tamper with or heaven forbid ERASE previous project files -- all assets -- all prproj files -- all POOF -- gone...  

Windows 10 latest update -- 6 core i7 -- 16mb ram -- 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines