• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folders missing in Navigator

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going crazy having spent hours on this.  Since upgrade to 10 in Lightroom Classic my folders only show until May 2020 in left side of navagator.  The only way I can get to images imported after that is to use the slider on right hand side.  I have no clue what is going on but is there a way to get my catalogue back to the way it was before this upgrade to 10?  Any help would be appreciated.Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 6.49.28 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-11-11 at 7.46.46 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which slider on the right are you referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whith the image selected as in your second screenshot, choose menu 'Photo - Go to Folder in Library'. That will make Lightroom show where the 2020-11-11 folder is in the folder panel.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follw the instruction posted by Johan to Right Click and select "Go to Folder in Library".

But also you are NOT in what you are calling the Navigator. That section of the left hand side panel is actually Collasped.

You are in the FOLDERS section and because you have Scrolled Down in that section the header for it is hidden.

I suggest you take some time to actually learn how to use LrC properly by reviewing some of the free Adobe online tutorials for LrC.

As to your original question about folders missing. I think it was an Original import Error you made that could of Moved or Copied the images after May to some other folder, or even a different drive, in your system and you just didn't realize it until now. Since the images from 11/11 are being shown and do not have an Exclamation mark on them (Showing they are missing) then they are in some folder on your computer. Following the instruction above will take you to that folder.

PLEASE take my suggestion and review the tutorials on how LrC work and how to Properly work with LrC.

How Lightroom catalogs work

Lightroom Classic tutorials | Learn how to use Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying and your suggestions.  My recent pictures are in Users>shari>pictures>2020-11-11.  The thing I do not understand is why after this upgrade they disappeared from my Library panel.  The pictures only go to May 2020 and I have thousands after that.  I have read some of the content you sent but still cannot understand what happened.  I am 78 years old and have been using Lightroom since it's inception.  I was using and continued to use 6.12 for many years when they went subscription because I am Canadian and it is $16. a month and I could not afford it.  In March 2020 when I got my new camera I decided to splurge and pay the subscription.  This is the first time I have downloaded an upgrade.  I do not understand why everything changed or how to get my pictures back into the Library.  Is there a way I can go back to the previous version and have things the way they were?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, maybe when the upgrade to LrR 10 took place an earlier Catalog file was upgraded and not the latest Catalog?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  How would I find that out?  I just want to get back to where I was.  I hate having to pay for this programme monthly and not even have it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it wasn't the correct catalog, IE an Older catalog, the image files from 09-10-11 (September, October and November) would not show up.

Inn the screen shot you posted it looks like you have many many many folder. There is a bug in certain parts of LrC (All version of the tradition version of Lr) that only a a certain number of Keyword, collection and now I think folders can be displayed. Once you go over that number, somewhere around 1600 IIRC, LrC just stops showing more than that.

If you found the folder that 11/11/20 images was in was it then displayed in the Folders section?

I suggest you Rearange your folder to place all 2020 folders in one Main folder called somthing like Pictures 2020.

Do the same for 2019, 2018 and so on. Once you complete that restart your computer then start LrC and test the folders area to see if you can see all your folders now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I will try to figure this out on the weekend.  I have some doctors appointments tomorrow and want to get that over and then I will deal with this.  Have had problems ever since the first download of Lightroom Classic - but will try to organize as you say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try doing all the Folder and File moving IN LrC.

Please do a Complete backup, Make a Copy, of all your images before you do the moving of the folders.

If for some reason the moving of folder doesn't go as planed Do NOT reimport any image.

Post back if you have any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so we are on par, I turned 77 this week.

Please post a screen capture of your "Lightroom sub-Folder" like the one I have included in this post. This folder is created when Lightroom is installed on your computer and it stores your Catalog Files and related sub-folders. By default, the folder should be located in your user folder under Pictures (on Mac) or My Pictures (on Win). The folder I have shown is located on my iMac at the following location Mackintosh> Users > my name > Pictures > Lightroom.

In the screen capture, the highlighted file is the Catalog file created by the upgrade and it has an extension of .lrcat (LRCAT) all Catalog files have this extension.

You will also notice a couple of other Catalog files in the folder one which carries the name Lightroom Classic Catalog-2020.lrcat,  that is my previous catalog that was upgraded and you will notice it was last modified on 20 October 2020 which is the last day it was used by me.

When you post the screen capture from your computer we should be able to identify the problem.

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 8.15.37 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I do not have a folder for Lightroom after pictures.  I have had nothing but problems since I downloaded Lightroom Classic.  I have been able to find my newer images by setting up a new catalogue and then had to go into an old folder to find old images.  Very confusing.  I spent hours with Lightroom remote support and they could not figure it out either.  This all happened just when covid started.  I intend to see if I can get someone in the Vancouver area that knows Lightroom C;assic to come in and fix my problem when covid is over.  Unfortunately the covid situation seems to be getting worse.  I will see what I can figure out on the weekend.  Thanks for trying.

PS My husband is 93 and still working (insurance), goes to gym and plays golf (until covid) so you and I have hope for many more years!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines