• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folders with 0-content

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three main subjects. I messed up the catalog. I have a number of shadowed folders with (0) content. I am unable to delete or remove the said folders.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

OK, so no integrity errors found. Let's try one more test. Inside LR go to File> New Catalog and createa a new blank catalog with a unique name. When LR reopens with the new catalog go to File> Import from another catalog and select your current .lrcat catalog file. In the popup you have the option to import 'All Folders' or unselect some of the folders. You can choose to unselect each of the folders that are showing on the C: drive so they won't appear in the new catalog. It sounds like that's

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the version number of Lightroom and the version number of your operating system. We need the version NUMBER and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

Sometimes, Lightroom temporarily shows folders with 0 photos while it does some internal counting to figure out how many photos are in the folder. So I wouldn't delete them just yet. Please show us a screen capture of your Lightroom Folder Panel. What happens when you try to delete the folders? What is the exact word-for-word unedited error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apreciate your prompt reply.

Lightroom Classic 9.2

I hope the attached files are clear enough.

2020-03-11.png2020-03-11 (1).png2020-03-11 (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These folder have question marks on them. You have to fix the question marks via these instructions (in particular, Figure 4) http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I right click on the "?" files I get the nenu of actions

2020-03-12 (2).png

"Remove" trigger no reaction.   Find Missing folder, no reaction. Show Parent folder, trigger the error mesage afore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Find Missing Folder" should produce a dialog box that lets you select a folder. Are you saying this doesn't happen?

What happens if you click on "All Photographs" under Catalog? Do your photos appear then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 34666 pictures, Most of them seem to be there, It seems as if there are a lot of rubbish on the Catalog and I am not able to get rid of them. By this time I know how to delete contents from Lr. None of that works. How can I get rid of "Windows C: " and start over again? That is without harming E:.2020-03-12 (9).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, could you use your  operating system and check the individual folders and see if there are any files within the folders that are not supported in LR.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I manage to re-organize (mainly delete) the offending files from Lr. The particular drive (Folder) was populated with a number of files, of wich many most likely were not image files. On how this happened I do not know. It most likely happened when I got myself an upgrade to my computor. Sory I missed your comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, save yourshelf some time, in the folders panel, navigate to the parent folder and fix that one, folders under that should then get fixed as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, David. When I vavigate the "parent folder", I get an error.

2020-03-11.png

Regards

Aart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have three main subjects. I messed up the catalog."

How, what did you do? Do you have a recent LR catalog file backup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Todd. This happened over time because I very seldom work on the C-drive. A recent backup will not help much but thank you for the idea. I will go back a few months. Uhh what about my recent files? How can I "delete" the C-drive Lr data and start from scratch? I do not mind the Meta-data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears your LR catalog is corrupted. Go to Edit> Catalog Settings> General tab. Set 'Back up catalog' to 'When Lightroom next exits' and close LR. In the popup check 'Test integrity before backing up' and 'Optimize catalog after backing up' and then click on 'Back up.'Tell us what happens and if you get any error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Todd, I do a scheduled backup every week. The last couple of days I tried more. No errors with the backups. But the C:-drive stays corrupt.  Thank you I did notice my Lr catalog is not in a very good condition.

Regards

Aart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run the LR Catalog Integrity test as I outlined in my last reply? This will help determine if you have catalog corruption and if detected you will get a message that LR can try to repair the catalog. Please give that a try with your current catalog and your catalog backup files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Todd, I did as ask. The backup took some time to complete. No change. 2020-03-13 (6).png2020-03-13 (7).png2020-03-13 (8).png2020-03-13 (10).png2020-03-13 (11).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd,  I am not sure why our final posts did not show here. Thank you, with your help I mannaged to solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Hi Todd, I am not sure why our final posts did not show here."

Good to hear all is well now. The new forum format places clicks on the 'Reply' link in new posts immediately below that post. To keep your reply in chronologial order click on the 'Reply' link in the original post, which you can see if you scroll to the top of the page. It's a matter of preference, but I prefer chronological order rather than threaded. To prevent confusion I copy and paste a senetence or two from the post I'm relpying to in my new reply as I did above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so no integrity errors found. Let's try one more test. Inside LR go to File> New Catalog and createa a new blank catalog with a unique name. When LR reopens with the new catalog go to File> Import from another catalog and select your current .lrcat catalog file. In the popup you have the option to import 'All Folders' or unselect some of the folders. You can choose to unselect each of the folders that are showing on the C: drive so they won't appear in the new catalog. It sounds like that's what you'd like to do. It will take a while. Once completed check and see if everything is now imported that you want in the new catalog and nothing is showing 0 photos or missing images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Todd!

Every thing is as it should be.

I presume I may delete all my old catalogs from previous years and previous computors?

I appreciate you patience very much.D81_4969-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that worked. I suggest keeping the most recent .lrcat backup file from yesterday and the one you made just before this one. Also backup the current merged catalog file and save it along with the two older catalog files to an external backup drive (total three ZIP files). You can delete all of the old Previews.lrdata and Smart Previews.lrdata folders. If  all looks good after working in LR for a few months you can delete the two older .lrcata backup files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(Duplicate post using the 'Reply' button in the original post at the top of the page.)

"Hi Todd, I am not sure why our final posts did not show here."

Good to hear all is well now. The new forum format places clicks on the 'Reply' link in new posts immediately below that post. To keep your reply in chronologial order click on the 'Reply' link in the original post, which you can see if you scroll to the top of the page. It's a matter of preference, but I prefer chronological order rather than threaded. To prevent confusion I copy and paste a senetence or two from the post I'm relpying to in my new reply as I did above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines