Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forced LR Close, Adobe sign-in, during import

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scenario:

1. Set a Very Large Export going. (Go do a lot of other things, secure in the knowledge that your export is working, because you saw it start successfully)
  2. Come back HOURS later to find that it stopped, with a message "Sign out of Lightroom? There is a task running". I selected Cancel rather than Okay
  3. Rather than Cancel the Signing Out of Lightroom, LR just closed anyways.
  4. I am now going to miss today's deadline because I have to re-start the Very Large Export. Thanks. But I need to get this done, so I run LR again
  5. I am now presented with a "Sign In" dialog, complete with 2-factor authorization. This part isn't surprising, since LR did sign itself out. But it just adds insult, because I did not sign out myself.

Why? See step 4 — this is not just a minor inconvenience. And I was given a choice not to, but it did it anyway.

EDIT: it happened again, this time after ~80% of the export was complete. So I did a reboot and that helped the export finish (so the message here: reboot our computer before all major work?)

If anyone knows what leads to Adobe apps doing this, feel free to chime in.

Chris

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?