• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Format of Title changed with version 9.1 ? Bug ?

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

as a keen birder, I have a multitude of pictures of birds which I classify by Bird family(as title), bird name(as caption) ,date of picture taken and eventually sequence.

I used to use the EXPORT function and do a rename of the DNG picture into a new Jpeg file name.

As Title I had the format like as example 23.100, which would mean bird#100 out of family #43.

So my resulting new Jpeg file name would be 23.100-birdname,date-sequence.Jpeg.

However with version 9.1 this does not work anymore. ! ( Not sure when the change occured as I went recently from 6.4 standalone- which is OK , to classic 9.1)

The title with such a numerical format is ignored when I edit the Rename Preset like {title}-{caption},{date}-{sequence}.When I leave out title in the previous string, the rename works ( obviously with just caption,date and sequence).

If I leave it in the string, just the first numerical digits before the dot , in the example 23, are shown, without caption, date,sequence !

If I change the title from 23.100 to 23100, then the whole rename is done correctly .

Is there a way to force LR to accept titles with numerical format xxx.yyy ? like it was possible before ?

I have thousands of pictures thus classified into 200+ bird family folders with pictures in sequence as described above  and I would like to maintain this system which was simple and ran smoothly before.

Booth Lighroom and Windows sort by such a format of filename.

What are my options ?

Thank you 

Marc 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Forum software mangled my reply.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John

This solves my immediate problem - I did not finalize export as long as preview  was wrong.

Thanks for your perseverance 

So this is definitely a bug - I hope ADOBE reads community forum and corrects this bug in next release 

Best Regards

Marc 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

I tried to follow your steps precisely on my LR 9.1 / Windows 10. I observe different behavior: The preview of the filename shown in the Export window is wrong, but the actual exported filename is correct.

Details:

I start with this photo:

Untitled.png

I do File > Export and select this file renaming template:

Untitled2.png

The Export window shows an incorrect preview of the renamed filename:

Untitled3.png

But the exported file has the correct filename:

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 10.48.10 AM.png

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe wants all bugs reported in the official Adobe feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom .

Product developers read everything posted there but rarely participate here and won't see this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John 

I reported the bug as you recommended and referred to this thread so they can look at your ebedded screenshots which illustrate nicely the issue. Note that the same issue happens with such a format in the caption

Thank you for your input 

Marc 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines