Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freeze of Lightroom classic and high usage of Mac process "mdworker"

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

when I am editing in LR since update to LR classic V 10.1 on my iMac (late 2014, running BigSur, 32 GB memory) the process "mdworker" usage of CPU goes up to more than 90% and LRC is going extreemly slow or freezing/crashing. I checked out that "mdworker" is reading the LR catalog when this happens. I have tried an other catalog also, but it's the same. Is this problem known in the community and are there any solutions? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can exclude the LrC catalog in Spot Light Privacy tab of macOS System Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan,

thanks for your answer. I will try this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. It seems to be a specific problem of Lightroom V 10.1! Going back to an older version means to go back to an older catalog. What data will be lost doing this? And what versions are recommended?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go back to the original V 10.0 (No .1 point release) from the CC desktop app.and test.

But yes if you go back to the 9.4 version, which should also be available from the CC desktop app) you will need to use your older Version 9 catalog file. That file is on your system unless you deleted it after it got Copied and the copy upgraded to work with LrC V10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.K. I will test V 10.0 to avoid going back to an older catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Halleluja! V 10.0 is runnig well again. Many thanks for your help and happy Xmas for all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome and Happy days ahead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines