Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From Lightroom 5 to Lightroom CC Classic ??? 5 to 7

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Critical. 😞

I have Lightroom 5 and planning to upgrade to Lightroom Classic, which is mow version 7.

I need help with the following questions

1) What problems I would have (if any) because of jumping to update so late?

2) Would I loose my catalog and completed editing?

3) If transition would not work, what happens with Lightroom 5, its current catalog and the photos?

Thank you for the help.

Leo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) What problems I would have (if any) because of jumping to update so late?

None.

2) Would I loose my catalog and completed editing?

No.

3) If transition would not work, what happens with Lightroom 5, its current catalog and the photos?

LR5 and its catalog will be left alone.

LR6 or Classic CC (7) will be installed in parallel and it will make a copy of your catalog and then upgrade this catalog.

Photos are never touched by any LR version anyway.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you understand that LR Classic 7.x is only available on a subscription basis and that the basic Photography Package also includes Photoshop CC 2018 and

20 GB of cloud space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you install Lightroom Classic CC, when you first start it you will be prompted to allow it to upgrade the catalog you have been using. This process will create a new copy of the catalog, leaving your existing Lightroom 5 catalog intact and completely usable with Lightroom 5 if you still have it installed on your computer. The new Lightroom Classic CC catalog will contain all of the work that you have completed previously, and you can continue your work using a Lightroom Classic CC. When you are confident using the new program you can remove Lightroom 5 from your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, thanks you all!! I am about to change to Lightroom Classic from my old 5.7 already instaled version and I feel much more safe, not confortable thought.

Just to let them know, meaning by "them" any person who cares about old clients, I do not think it´s fair for us to pay exactly the same as some other people who never had the program. It´s ok to say "When you are confident using the new program you can remove Lightroom 5 from your computer" but I paid a good money seven years ago for it!!!

Well, I sorry, that was not the main cause why I choosed to writte today, but be gratefull to all of you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines