From Lightroom Classic to Premiere Pro

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed a way to catalog a large collection of videos, so I started using LrC to import, rename, categorize and apply metadata such as keywords and other search terms so I could filter the content. This is working out extremely well. However, in order to take clips from LrC to Premiere Pro, I have to drag the thumbnail to my dock (on mac), hover over the premiere icon, wait a second, drag to the workspace thumbnail and place it in my projects folder.

This gets very tedious after so many uses. Is there a way to either 'Open In' or 'Edit In' Premiere for videos in the way you would for images and Photoshop? This would be awsome when right clicking. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Feature request, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None that I know of. you might try the External Editing tab, second section "Additional External Editor" and point it to the PPro.App file.

Honestly LrC was made for Still images and not for Videos.

Why not open PPro and use the Open command to browse to the folder that has your videos in.

Or use Bridge to do the same?

Or even Mac Finder?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines