Highlighted

from Lightroom to Photoshop/camera raw update problem

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I'm having a problem when trying to get a picture from Lightroom to Photoshop.

Whenever I select to "edit on photoshop" a pop-up screen appears saying that I don't have the latest Camera Raw version installed. But I do. I tried to uninstall everything, even deleting the Camera Raw plugin folder, and that did not solve it.

It's frustrating because after I edit the picture on Ps and send it back to Lr, my original color profile is gone, making the photo impossible to edit.

So I would appreciate it if someone helps me, thanks!

1.png

   

2.png

3.png

TOPICS
Bug, Download and install, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

from Lightroom to Photoshop/camera raw update problem

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I'm having a problem when trying to get a picture from Lightroom to Photoshop.

Whenever I select to "edit on photoshop" a pop-up screen appears saying that I don't have the latest Camera Raw version installed. But I do. I tried to uninstall everything, even deleting the Camera Raw plugin folder, and that did not solve it.

It's frustrating because after I edit the picture on Ps and send it back to Lr, my original color profile is gone, making the photo impossible to edit.

So I would appreciate it if someone helps me, thanks!

1.png

   

2.png

3.png

TOPICS
Bug, Download and install, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance that you have two versions of Camera Raw on your computer? That can confuse things.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no, just one version =/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>It's frustrating because after I edit the picture on Ps and send it back to Lr, my original color profile is gone, making the photo impossible to edit.

You should realise that when you edity a picture in Photoshop all the original Lightroom edits get rendered into a tiff file and you will not be able to go back on any of the edits you did before you sent it to Photoshop. This is inherent to the way Lightroom and camera raw work completely differently from Photoshop and cannot be prevented. You can in principle open the file in Photoshop as a smart object and then you can go back to your camera raw settings inside photoshop by clicking on the smart object but that limits what you can do in Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS, check your plugin info, looking to see what v of ACR it is using.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Creative Cloud app is showing that the Camera Raw Plugin in Photoshop is 12.3.

You need to ensure that you have LrC v9.3 installed and being used to send the file via Edit in function.Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 6.36.34 PM.png

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS 11.0: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0.1,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 9.3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the correct answer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said by DdeGannes it is not Camera RAW but your version of LrC. You are more than likely still at 9.2.1 and not 9.3.

Not sure what you can do about that as the CC DTA states you are up to date. BUT you might have 2versions of LrC installed and you are opening the older version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0