• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Froze and unexpected error catalog

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've download Lighroom Classic on saturday, used it alla the day without problems. But yesterday I had big problems to use... It froze and automatically turned off the pc, restart but when I open LR the message "UNEXPECTED ERRORS" appears when opening the catalog. Now I can't open the catalog anymore. What can I do to solve the problem? I don't know what appaned or what could have been the problem.

Please help me! Thank you so much

Greta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Youi have a Hardware problem. There is nothing in Lightroom Classic that can or would turn off, or Restart, your computer.

It was caused by some hardware malfunction and probably releated to a over heating issue. But also could be from RAM or faulty Hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Agreeing with Just Shoot Me. Computer freezing and restarting is a hardware malfunction.

"Unexpected Error" probably means that your catalog is not usable for some reason and you should restore a recent backup of your catalog file, if you have one. Since you just started using Lightroom Classic, you might not have a recent backup of your catalog file, and so your work is not recoverable. But really, look into hardware errors. Since this seems to have affected your catalog file, then the first th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Finder / Explorer on your computer hard an in your Users (your name) Pictures / My Pictures > Lightroom ( sub-folder ) you should find your Catalog file the file has the extension .lrcat (LRCAT) if there is a file alongside that Catalog file with the Same name but ending with the extension .lrcat.lock. Delete the lock file.

When Lightroom is opened the lock file is created to protect the Catalog file, it is a temp file and is removed when the application is closed in a normal manner. If the app shuts down in the manner like you experienced i.e.the lock file will remain and prevent you from opening the Catalog file.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer but this isn't the problem. I don't find the lock file...

probably is a hardware problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youi have a Hardware problem. There is nothing in Lightroom Classic that can or would turn off, or Restart, your computer.

It was caused by some hardware malfunction and probably releated to a over heating issue. But also could be from RAM or faulty Hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answer.

I think this could be the real problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum, in the event that the earlier post did not help please be aware that this is a user to user forum so the responses that you receive will normally be from users like yourself.

See the screen capture for forum guidelines when creating new threads. The info is necessary so others can provide meaningful and timely responses.

Forum-guidelines.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreeing with Just Shoot Me. Computer freezing and restarting is a hardware malfunction.

"Unexpected Error" probably means that your catalog is not usable for some reason and you should restore a recent backup of your catalog file, if you have one. Since you just started using Lightroom Classic, you might not have a recent backup of your catalog file, and so your work is not recoverable. But really, look into hardware errors. Since this seems to have affected your catalog file, then the first thing I would suspect is a bad sector on your hard disk, or other hard disk problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines