• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frustrating Slow, Screen Blanks Out in Develop Module Local Adjustments. Help!

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Performance in Develop module gets sluggish and the screen blanks out. Most troublesome using the local adjustment brush. There's been a delay after I apply brush stroke and when I see the mask on the screen. Sometimes the mask is drawn in places that I didn't expect. I have the GPU setting at Auto. I have the latest nVidia driver. The performance is even worse if the GPU is off. The catalogue is on a Samsung 850 SSD drive.

I'll upgrade my system if I need to, but I don't want to waste the money if it isn't going to make a difference. I'm really not happy with the Lr Classic performance. Every time I use it it's a frustrating experience. Granted I don't have the latest and greatest hardware, but it's not that bad - not bad enough to warrant this level of performance.

I've read all the postings on how to improve Lr Classic performance and I think I've done everything I can do. If I need to make a hardware change, what should I change to get the most performance increase? Is there a software preference setting that I missed?

Here is my system configuration.

Windows 10 home ver 2004 OS Build 19041.804

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

BenQ SW2700-2 at resolution 2560x1440

I really want to make my Lr Classic experience frustration-free every time I use it. Anything that this community can offer to help me achieve this goal would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try setting the GPU to Custom and disable the GPU Image Processing option as shown in below screenshot.

gpu-custom.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried to turn off the GPU and the performance was worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version NUMBER of Lightroom Classic?

What size in pixels (do not tell me megabytes) are the original images from your camera?

You have a very old and slow CPU (by today's standards) and that usually is the cause of these type of local adjustment problems.

So to answer ... what type of upgrade ... you want the fastest CPU you can afford.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines