• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fujifilm X100F and Lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just bought a Fujifilm X100F camera, and can't download my RAF files onto Lightroom, I updated my camera raw version to the last one, but it's still impossible to do anything with it... Any idea ?

Thanks for your help !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

The Fuji X100T and X100s are both listed as being supported. But I don't see the X100F listed. I'm not familiar with the Fuji models, and this may be a new model that is not yet supported. If that is the case then hopefully it will be supported in the next update of Lightroom. Here is a link to the list of cameras supported by Lightroom and Camera Raw.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Fuji X100T and X100s are both listed as being supported. But I don't see the X100F listed. I'm not familiar with the Fuji models, and this may be a new model that is not yet supported. If that is the case then hopefully it will be supported in the next update of Lightroom. Here is a link to the list of cameras supported by Lightroom and Camera Raw.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Fujifilm X100F was announced 1/19/2017, well after the latest version of LR (2015.8 / 6.8) was released.   New models of Fujifilm usually get supported in the next release of LR (about 72% of the time).   New releases for CC 2015 / 6 have on average been coming out every 54 days, but the last release was 78 days ago, so it's likely that a new release will be coming out "any day now".  (But only Adobe knows for sure, and they never announce release dates ahead of time.)

See Timing of Lightroom releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude. Same problem here. Gotta catch it right in camera for the time being ; )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I have to say though that I work mainly in black and white and the ACROS film simulation provided by the X100f is so good I've not missed shooting in Raw yet,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi julienc,

Please update your Lightroom to 6.9/2015.9 version which includes the support for Fujifilm X100F, refer: Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no link on the page to the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says "Please select Help > Updates to use the update mechanism in the Creative Cloud app."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what I meant was a link in the message would be easiest, I have downloaded the RAW update but it still does not seem to understand the X100F RAW files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading the Camera Raw update isn't going to help you at all. Lightroom doesn't use the camera raw plug-in. You need to update to the latest version of Lightroom because all of the Camera Raw technology is built-in to the Lightroom program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To display these files in Lightroom, you need to update Lightroom. The raw update only updates Adobe Camera Raw, so only affecting Bridge and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I thought, but Lightroom 5 when I check for updates tells me there are no updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it's Lightroom 5. Lightroom 6 is the current version.

Either upgrade to Lightroom 6, or use the Adobe DNG Converter (which is free) to convert the files to DNGs , which will import them into Lightroom 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, for LR5 there are no more updates for quite some time now - it's rather old by today.

You either need to buy an upgrade to LR6, subscribe to the CC photography plan or use the free DNG converter to convert to DNG and import these into LR5.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6 but the two licenses are engaged on other computers and I was hoping to use my version of 5 which I paid extra for as a travel license. I don't want to go through a process of converting files as this is not an effective use of my time, and I am not completely happy with the way Lightroom sharpens the files, I would rather do that with one of my plug- ins that works more effectively.

I am not sure why they would impose a DNG conversion on Lightroom 5 but do it differently in Lightroom 6 seems rather odd to me.

I appreciate your help on this but find the unnecessary nuances around versions and upgrading somewhat unprofessional on Adobes part. I do own a lot of software and it it is only with Adobe that I have to depend on the good graces of people like you.

I believe Adobe at this point has put me into checkmate, and I will have to hunt around for an alternative editor for my field editing, as I am not sure buying another Lightroom 6 license, where this might happen to me in the future is a good investment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1norwaybay  wrote

I appreciate your help on this but find the unnecessary nuances around versions and upgrading somewhat unprofessional on Adobes part.

Your sentiment is acknowledged but Adobe cops a lot of blame for what is essentially an issue created by the camera manufacturers.

Back in the early 2000s, Adobe foresaw this situation of proprietary Raw files and software updates causing unnecessary grief for customers (and cost for Adobe, it must be said). So Adobe created the DNG format and offered it freely to the camera manufacturers. If Save to DNG format was included on digital cameras, there would be no need for software updates to read proprietary Raw formats. And no need for consumers to forever update their software to read Raw files from new cameras.

The manufacturers mostly ignored the DNG solution and insist on every new camera model having its own unique Raw format. So every time a new camera enters the market, Adobe has to reverse engineer the Raw format and issue another update to support it. Hence never ending Camera Raw and Lightroom updates.

What would you do in such a situation? Adobe has software to market and develop but they must keep supporting never ending new camera models (which refuse to include DNG) and issuing free updates to support them.

Adobe occasionally puts a halt on new camera support in Camera Raw and Lightroom (the X100F fell into this category for LR5 owners) so that a new version of Photoshop or Lightroom is required. This affects perpetual license holders who must sometimes pay to upgrade to get new camera support. Does not affect Cloud members financially other than the inconvenience of downloading and installing the upgrade.

However, perpetual license holders who can't or won't upgrade are not left out in the cold. Adobe still offers the free DNG conversion route. Seems like a reasonable and professional compromise, until DNG is included in all new camera models - but I think that's unlikely to ever happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John I appreciate the extensive response. I do agree that a standard is important and would solve a lot of problems if I remember correctly Leica and Sony are on board. I find it curious that it isn't more universally adopted and have to think that there must be a reason, I wonder what the thinking here is to continue to create unique RAW file systems?

Thanks for your help I have finally got Lightroom running and reading my X100F files. DSCF9828.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which film setting is that shot in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a RAW file processed using Lightroom, however, I did use a modified Velvia/VIVID film setting to view the scene. I find setting my jpg view to this setting helps me isolate the colour fields more accurately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines