• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Galleries, the web and Lightroom

Participant ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm relatively new to Lightroom and have started a major task - organizing 3 thousand plus photo files, creating galleries for WordPress with tags for easy browsing on the website and sale via download. I'm thinking that first I must rename all those image files on my PC with cammand prompt "Rename" and switches; organize them categorically in Lightroom..but after that it gets cloudy. If I create galleries in Lightroom are they usable, can they be exported or imported into a WordPress webpage using one of the plugins there such as Envira Gallery? I suspect that much of this question is not in the realm of Lightroom as much as WordPress support. I'm jsut trying to determine how much of the work can and shoud be done in Lightroom to simplify my task. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Past that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

davidg36166309_0-1599766879231.png

davidg36166309_1-1599766879232.png

davidg36166309_2-1599766879232.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must rename all those image files on my PC with cammand prompt "Rename"

Need to clarify, you are renaming those images within Lightroom, correct? Not outside of Lightroom using your OS File management.

Renaming outside  of Lightroom will foul things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must rename all those image files on my PC with cammand prompt "Rename" and switches;

Clarify, Switches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create galleries in Lightroom are they usable, can they be exported or imported into a WordPress webpage using one of the plugins there such as Envira Gallery

Not a fan of Lightroom Web Gallery's, Not a Wordpress  user, I suspect using galleries is wrong.

I suspect you will be better off creating a Collection. A collection is just a special place to organize selected images fir later use. The Collection does not contain actual,photos, it just points to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you ddo need a plug-in

such as:

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/lightroom/uploading-photos-lightroom-wordpress/

Ahh, or a Plug-in/Publishing Service in Lightroom Classic:

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/lightroom/wordpress-publish-service/

or, from WordPress, and looks like with Galleries in mind:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wplr-sync/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, to a large extent this is more of a Wordpress question than a Lightroom Classic question.

SportingLife wrote:

If I create galleries in Lightroom are they usable, can they be exported or imported into a WordPress webpage using one of the plugins there such as Envira Gallery?

For WordPress in general, you do not want to create any galleries using Lightroom Classic. The reason is that none of the galleries exported by Lightroom Classic (Web module, cloud sharing, etc.) can be integrated with a WordPress website. This is not a problem with Lightroom Classic because it would be true of any other photo editing application too. WordPress and its plug-ins have their own gallery format and it is its own thing.

What you want to do is export just images, and bring them into the galleries on your WordPress site. It sounds that, like many, you are not satisfied with the photo galleries built into WordPress, so you are planning to use a gallery plug-in like Envira Gallery. That is an extremely common and good way to do this. I don’t know Envira Gallery, but looking at their website, it seems to work like many other popular photo gallery plug-ins for WordPress.

SportingLife wrote:

I'm thinking that first I must rename all those image files on my PC with cammand prompt "Rename" and switches; organize them categorically in Lightroom

If the images are not yet in Lightroom Classic then it would be best to rename them as needed before importing them into Lightroom Classic.

If they are already in Lightroom Classic, first check to see if the built-in, token-based Rename command in Lightroom Classic can get the renaming job done in Lightroom Classic alone.

Now, as to how you are going to get them from Lightroom Classic to Envira Gallery:

• It looks like it may not be necessary to export them from Lightroom. Envira Gallery offers a Lightroom Classic Add On. This is actually what Adobe calls a Publish Service, and it is very nice to have, because it creates a direct, easy-to-update link from a Lightroom Classic Publish Service collection to Envira Gallery on your WordPress site. Instead of manually exporting images to your storage and importing them to WordPress, you just hit a button in Lightroom Classic and the images are sent straight over. The short version is that you would use the Envira Gallery Publish Service within Lightroom Classic to create one collection for each gallery you want to manage on your WordPress site.
  • Because you mentioned tags (keywords?), you will need to do some tests to make sure it will work. Envira Gallery claims to support tags. If it works properly, it should simply import keywords you have added in Lightroom Classic. But again, I have never used that plug-in, so you’ll have to verify what the workflow is and whether it works smoothly enough for you. It is smart to use a WordPress plug-in for this type of gallery, because the last time I checked, the galleries built into WordPress itself do not import keyword tags embedded in images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! I can't imagine getting a more thoughtful and complete answer. I suppose it's not uncommon to encounter people with a vision like myself who have not achieved the expertise necessary to realize it. I thank you so much; with some trial, error and help from people like yourself, I'll get there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines