Highlighted

Galleries, the web and Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm relatively new to Lightroom and have started a major task - organizing 3 thousand plus photo files, creating galleries for WordPress with tags for easy browsing on the website and sale via download. I'm thinking that first I must rename all those image files on my PC with cammand prompt "Rename" and switches; organize them categorically in Lightroom..but after that it gets cloudy. If I create galleries in Lightroom are they usable, can they be exported or imported into a WordPress webpage using one of the plugins there such as Envira Gallery? I suspect that much of this question is not in the realm of Lightroom as much as WordPress support. I'm jsut trying to determine how much of the work can and shoud be done in Lightroom to simplify my task. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Galleries, the web and Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm relatively new to Lightroom and have started a major task - organizing 3 thousand plus photo files, creating galleries for WordPress with tags for easy browsing on the website and sale via download. I'm thinking that first I must rename all those image files on my PC with cammand prompt "Rename" and switches; organize them categorically in Lightroom..but after that it gets cloudy. If I create galleries in Lightroom are they usable, can they be exported or imported into a WordPress webpage using one of the plugins there such as Envira Gallery? I suspect that much of this question is not in the realm of Lightroom as much as WordPress support. I'm jsut trying to determine how much of the work can and shoud be done in Lightroom to simplify my task. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 10, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Past that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

davidg36166309_0-1599766879231.png

davidg36166309_1-1599766879232.png

davidg36166309_2-1599766879232.png

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must rename all those image files on my PC with cammand prompt "Rename"

Need to clarify, you are renaming those images within Lightroom, correct? Not outside of Lightroom using your OS File management.

Renaming outside  of Lightroom will foul things up.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must rename all those image files on my PC with cammand prompt "Rename" and switches;

Clarify, Switches?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create galleries in Lightroom are they usable, can they be exported or imported into a WordPress webpage using one of the plugins there such as Envira Gallery

Not a fan of Lightroom Web Gallery's, Not a Wordpress  user, I suspect using galleries is wrong.

I suspect you will be better off creating a Collection. A collection is just a special place to organize selected images fir later use. The Collection does not contain actual,photos, it just points to them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you ddo need a plug-in

such as:

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/lightroom/uploading-photos-lightroom-wordpress/

Ahh, or a Plug-in/Publishing Service in Lightroom Classic:

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/lightroom/wordpress-publish-service/

or, from WordPress, and looks like with Galleries in mind:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wplr-sync/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0