• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gallery Requires Sign In

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a gallery and emailed it to my wifw.  When I opened the email on her computer it asked for a sign in.  Is that right.  She doesn't have an Adobe account.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in Lightroom (web based) or Lightroom Classic.

During the gallery setup, you will find a setting to make it public. You have to set it to public or private link. You will need to set it to public to avoid the login requirement.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR CC.  I only want selected people to see my gallery.  How do I do that?  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can give you better directions if you can confirm which Lightroom you are using. To reiterate what Ken said, the directions depend on the version of Lightroom. 
From Lightroom Classic you first sync a Collection. This makes a private gallery which is viewable at Lightroom on the web, or on another device logged in the same Lightroom account. To share the gallery with others you have to create a public link. View the synced collection in the grid view, and you will find a button in the upper right corner to make public. 
From Lightroom (cloud app) all images are already online, or in the cloud. To create a public link you use the share and invite option. Change the link access view to "anyone can view" to create a link that can be shared with anyone. No login is required. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR CC.  I only want selected people to see my gallery.  How do I do that?  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this document- SHARE from Mobile

You will read- "create a public link, where anyone with the link can view your album."

The important words are "...with a link...".

The chances of anyone "public" viewing your gallery without knowing the link would be 'one in millions'.

So I would not be concerned about providing a 'public' link to family and friends.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Wobert gave you a better answer than this. We were both typing at the same time.

Theresa_J will be able go give you a more complete answer than I can. However, I will try:

When you right click on a collection you have synced to the cloud, you will see Lightroom links/private links. If you have already gone past that poing, you will have to click on "view on web".  That will take you to lightroom.adobe.com/your account page. At this point, you will be in "Lightroom" on the web.

Once you are on that website/page, select the album you want to share, then at the upper right hand corner there is an icon of a persons head with a little + sign. Click there to start the Share and Invite process. In about the middle of the page, enter all the email addresses of the people you want to have access to the gallery (web page of your photos). Once the email addresses have been entered, select Can contribute or Can view. That seems to be the only control you have over the invitees privileges. I don't see a way to require a password. As soon as the invitees receive the email, they can click the link to see the gallery on line.

Sending the link at the top of that box gives you the ability to copy the link to the gallery with either Invite only or Anyone can view. Anyone can view allows every on on the web to see your gallery. I recently sent out a link to some friends with the Invite only setting and they told me a password was required. Since I haven't found a way to set the password, I assumed it was my own password. Which I didn't give them of course.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the procedure from Lightroom or Lightroom on the web. They are exactly the same. 
Share an album with someone else using Share & Invite, the person icon with the plus. The default setting is "invite only". With this setting you input an email address or mulitple ones in the share and invite dialog box. If the recipient of the invite has their own account, the album will be added to the Shared tab in their Lightroom account. The shared tab is found in Lightroom or Lightroom on the web, not in Classic. Recipients who have been invited to an album need their own account, but it doesn't have to be a paid one. They can sign up for a free Adobe account to view the album. With this account login, they can view, comment and give likes (hearts) to photos in the album. Their name is attributed to the comment and thus why they need an account. 
When you change to the setting to "anyone can view", a public link is generated for anyone, with or without an account of their own. This is the method I use to share albums with my family and friends. Anyone with a link can view it, but no one is going to find the link unless you give it to them. If someone views the album and wishes to comment on images, they will need to create an account to do so. I believe they can use a google or Facebook account as well. 
For those of you who use Classic... when you create a public link in Classic it is automatically an open link that "anyone can view". That would be anyone who you share the link with. They won't find it if you don't share it. Classic users have to use Lightroom on the web to change the setting to Invite Only. Each of the Lightroom applications have different default settings, and that is why this is confusing. 
I hope it makes sense now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines