Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get notified when new Collection is created, updated or deleted

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is there a possibility to subscribe or somehow add an Observer to creation/updating and deleting of the collections and its collection sets?

I have a publishing service that has a 1:1 relation to local collections. I need them to be in the sync. If you know any other way please let me know.

Thanks

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

There’s no way to get notifications via the SDK, unfortunately. The best you can do is to periodically iterate through the collection tree looking for changes.   One pass should be very fast, a small fraction of a second, probably. So if you did it, say, once a minute, the CPU cost wouldn’t be noticeable. Such polling offends our architectural sensibilities, but it’s a practical solution that many plugins use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There’s no way to get notifications via the SDK, unfortunately. The best you can do is to periodically iterate through the collection tree looking for changes.   One pass should be very fast, a small fraction of a second, probably. So if you did it, say, once a minute, the CPU cost wouldn’t be noticeable. Such polling offends our architectural sensibilities, but it’s a practical solution that many plugins use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it is a terrible solution! But a viable one!

Also, it is very interesting to see that such popular software has so limited SDK capabilities. I wonder how many developers and users alike would benefit from better SDK and better connectivity to external platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines